The Cosy Club

Contact 01164080008

62-68 Highcross St, Leicester, England, LE1 4NM

Serves meat, vegan options available. UK chain restaurant. 1940s-50s style decor, casual dining, drinking, and lounging. Serves sandwiches, panini, and breakfast. Has a separate vegan menu. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by Mhaffner73

disappointing and dry breakfast - Edit

The restaurant is a large, airy space with trendy upcycled furniture and art. There is a vegan menu. It has the same menu as the Seco Lounge in Plymouth and the Visto Lounge in Torquay, so we are presuming it is part of the Loungers chain.

We went for a Sunday morning breakfast as we were staying in the travelodge next door, ordering the vegan cooked breakfast and the vegan avocado brunch.

The cooked breakfast was a good size portion, but a little dry. The avocado brunch was a very small portion with dry underripe avocado and tomato diced on to a slice of French bread. No flavour. I asked for some olive oil to go on the avocado. I was given some clear, tasteless oil with a dash of balsamic vinegar in a little dish. Even though the restaurant was almost empty, it was very difficult to flag down the waitress, who never once asked us how was the food?

We were in a hurry, so paid and left, realising that they had charged £1 for the oil. Really? We would not go back.

Pros: Vegan menu, nice decor

Cons: dry & tasteless food, lack of service

A civilized treat - Edit

You have to love what they have done with the venue at The Cosy Club, it looks fabulous, always nice to sit down for a cheeky beverage and the food is always fabulous

Pros: Have Vegan Menu

Cons: Mixed use kitchen but handy place to go with non v

Worth it just for the breakfast! - Edit

During a recent trip to Leicester which lasted 4 days we visited The Cosy Club twice, both times for breakfast!
It's got to be one of the best vegan breakfasts I've had. While it wasn't your bog-standard full English, with its amazing roasted peppers and warm hummus, it still had all the classics like a big field mushroom, grilled tomatoes, fried potatoes, beans (which were served in cute little ramekins, which suited my boyfriend as he doesn't like beans spreading all over the plate) and good quality sourdough toast. At first I was doubtful of the warm hummus, as I'm not a huge fan of hummus anyway, but I was wrong - it really works!
The setting was great too. They've really gone to town on the décor, and we liked the fact that it appeared to be a converted sewing factory, retaining some of the original features like the old-fashioned ceiling lamps. I can't say it was that 'cosy' as it was so big in there but that's by the by.
I appreciated that they have a separate vegan menu which you can ask for, and I believe they do a gluten-free menu as well.

Pros: That breakfast!, Friendly, helpful staff, Vegan menu

fantastic vegan food - Edit

I added this listing to happy cow because I was so so pleased at seeing s vegan menu. I have only been for breakfast so far but it was huge and only £6. The remainder of the menu looks superb. They also have loads of vegetarian dishes on the main menu

Lovely 40s style venue and the staff are dressed up too.

Can't wait to go back

Pros: price, vegan, venue

Return to Leicester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cosy Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 898 times since Jan 2015.