The Conscious Caravan - Food Van

14-16 Mostyn St, Castlemaine, Victoria, 3450

Catering and mobile food vendor - check its facebook for updates. Makes vegan and vegetarian meals and raw desserts from the vegetables available via partnering business The Food Garden organic food box service. Everything is gluten free.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Take-out only

First Review by Greysocialist

Small menu but loved what we chose - Edit

I ordered bruschetta with vegan feta, my partner ordered a green smoothie and we each had a slice. The large space is shared with an organic fruit and veg shop. There were tables inside and out and the service was fast and they explained the menu to us. The lunch menu contains 4-5 things. I was really glad I chose the bruschetta, it had so much flavour. I liked the death by chocolate slice, like a fake mars bar! I thought it was reasonably priced and the staff were helpful. Would definitely visit next time I'm in Castlemaine.

Pros: option in the country, tasty, chairs and tables

it's not bad! - Edit

it's got an okay aesthetic and my boyfriend loved their cheesecake but it just wasn't for me. also the portions are very small! (a $6 piece of cheesecake is about a 2x2 inch square)

Pros: all vegan, cheesecake is nice

Cons: expensive, not much variety

And music too! - Edit

This is a place for coffee and a healthy lunch - and drinks and sweet treats that are a bit too healthy for my taste. And at weekends, you can expect to find acoustic music or poetry performed on the stage, while the audience relaxes on sofas in the large warehouse. There are a few tables outside. Don't expect it open on Thursdays, when the veg boxes are being made up. A great addition to the Castlemaine cafe scene.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 23, 2015

Pros: quality organic ingredients, lots of seating in the warehouse, good coffee

Cons: can be draughty in winter, but ok!, non-veggie friends might stick at coffee

Return to Castlemaine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Conscious Caravan - Food Van closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.