The Common Room

• ( 9 reviews )

1st Floor, 127-129 Devonshire St, Sheffield, England, S3 7SB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar in Sheffield city centre serving vegan burgers, Southern-fried 'mockin' bird', nachos and salads. Open Mon-Thu 11:00-00:00, Fri-Sat 11:00-01:30, Sun 11:00-00:00.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Fattyted

YJZL

Points +92

03 Aug 2020

Excellent: Should be 5 Stars

Extensive vegan menu which is on the junk food spectrum but is excellent quality. Should be 5 stars!

Pros: Over 20 vegan options! Excellent value , Great service.

Cons: No vegan dessert menu

vegan-7

Points +117

05 Feb 2020

Popular amongst students

A popular haunt amongst students located on devonshire st they often seem to have parties of students from clubs in so arrive early if possible a good full choice of vegan options seitan based mock chicken and no healthy options here!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Generous portions

Cons: Loud and noisy at times, A lot of steps to access restaurant

Saraquel

Iauren

Points +54

22 Mar 2019

Bad experience

Nice that they offer vegan options however my mockingbird was so hard I could barely get my knife through it. It’s possible I’d caught them on a bad day as the chips were also really hard and mostly inedible. Think I had a lucky escape though as the people on the next table were half way through their “vegan” burger before noticing they’d been served beef. To top it off there was a mix up with the bill and I was overcharged.

Pros: Helpful apologetic staff

Cons: Over cooked, Wrong orders, Wrongly charged

LydiaJenkins

Points +32

19 Jan 2019

The chipotle mockin bird is drool worthy

I love it here, I think some of the reviews have been a bit harsh really considering it's a sports bar, and not all vegan.

My favourite is the chipotle mockin bird that comes with chips. I think the texture is amazing, though once it was a tad water logged (once out of the maybe 10 times I've been here). The chips are always great too - better than just standard fries.

I am a bit funny with fried food - and though other places in the city offer Seitan it's often coated in a thick batter and feels really greasy. This is the complete opposite, the pieces are always huge, and in a light batter and not greasy at all!

My boyfriend is a meat eater, and though he happily eats vegan I do like that he can get an option, as can my family and friends that choose to eat meat.

I've often in the past chose here over all vegan places as I just think it has such a vast menu that's not all burgers etc.

Pros: Well priced, Vast Options, City Centre

Cons: Sports Bar, Can feel a bit canteen like, Not all vegan

Cow-Is-Happy:)

Points +34

24 Dec 2018

Not nice food at all

The mock chicken cost £9.50 and had a texture a bit like bread. Came with chips (standard) and get a choice of toppings/ sides which were good

LivBurley

Points +38

01 Jul 2018

Mixed review.

Really enjoyed the loaded pizza fries and onion rings which were amazing but had the seitan burger which was a horrible texture.

Pros: Most things can be made/ already are vegan

Cons: Seitan burger was not good at all, Sells meat

DanielDeakin

Points +58

26 Mar 2018

Great vegan options!

So nice to see so many vegan options that aren’t just salad. The mockin bird katsu burger is a thing of beauty.

Fattyted

Points +1033

15 Mar 2018

Nice mock chicken

It's great a place like this has so much choice for vegans. Try the cauliflower wings they're great. The 'mockin' bird' faux fired chicken isn't anything like as good as the one at Burgerlols but it's pretty good.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Sports screens

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Common Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.