The Coffeehouse and Deli

Contact 309-452-6774

114 E Beaufort St, Normal, Illinois, USA, 61761

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop and cafe offering breakfast all day and several vegan choices. Try the spicy tofu sandwich. Eclectic atmosphere with free Wi-Fi. Hosts local music and poetry slams. Previously 100% vegetarian, Jan 2015. Mon-Sat 7:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am-8:00pm Closes at 9:00pm during Winter.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Alee23

Definitely would NOT recommend - Edit

We called ahead to make sure they were open and they said they close their kitchen at one. We walk in at 12:50 and stood there being ignored by all staff for five minutes. Finally when someone acknowledged our existence, they tell us the kitchen is closed. I said it wasn't one o'clock yet, so the employee reluctantly gave us menus.

We ordered the falafel pita pocket, basic veggie burger, and Guajillo burger. It was all incredibly dry and bland. The falafels were inedible they were so dry and hard. The only decent thing we ordered was the red velvet cupcake.

Then there was the loud band. They were singing political songs about Bernie Sanders and not very well, might I add.

I will never be back and will never recommend this place to anyone. We drove over an hour to try this place based on the reviews on here already and what a mistake that was.

Pros: Red velvet cupcakes

Cons: Terrible service, Terrible food

More Than a Coffee House! - Edit

Two of my kiddos and I were in Normal, IL. for a musical and of course, I used my Happy Cow app to find out what our options were. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of options for such a little town. We were within walking distance of a few, all of which were great, but our favorite was The Coffehouse and Deli. It is in a college town and the atmosphere was quite nostalgic. The employees were very friendly and the food was great! For breakfast we had the vegan pancakes. I had banana, the girls had chocolate chip and we devoured them. Dinner consisted of veggie burgers and spiced fries and, again, we were not disappointed. They were out of vegan mayo, which is house made, but they were so thoughtful that they made more right then. For dessert we had vegan red velvet cupcakes, words cannot even describe how good they were, you just have to try them for yourself :)

Coffeehouse regular - Edit

As a vegan, I love places where I can find vegan food, and if the establishment is vegetarian, even better! That's the most I can expect from Normal. I love the Coffeehouse. Their spicy tofu is good, though not spicy enough for me. Their Guajillo burger is awesome. That's my favorite.

Vegan Oasis in a city of Fried Chicken eaters - Edit

After having lunch at a local Chinese restuarant in Normal and finding out the "vegetable delight" comes garnished with 2 fried chicken wings, I was ecstatic to find the coffeehouse.

Several Vegan options all clearly marked with a "V"

Friendly helpful staff and great food.

Return to Normal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Coffeehouse and Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1568 times since Aug 2007.