The Clean Plate

A vegetarian restaurant that is mostly vegan and serves food like sandwiches, salads, and wraps. Same owners of Cacao Tree in Royal Oak. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out

First Review by DaveW

Only vegetarian option around, luckily it is great - Edit

Eating vegan when visiting my family is always a challenge - at the local grocery store it took three employees before I found one that had any idea what lentils are. Clean Plate is awesome! I've been there a few times now and really enjoyed everything. The Thai Pasta Salad I had this last time is my favorite so far. Even my dad, an avid deer hunter and fisherman, eats here with my mom and I when I visit. He said he feels way better after eating here than his normal places, and suggested to my mom that they should add it to their rotation of places to go even when I'm not visiting. Big praise from him.

great place for wraps and desserts - Edit

I have gotten food from here a few times. The wraps I had were great, and the desserts were good as well. My non-vegan relatives also enjoyed the food.
The owner is very nice, as are the people who have waited on me. This is definitely a place I will return to.

Pros: great sandwiches and wraps, friendly

Cons: not much ambiance- mostly a carry out place

Good Vegan food available in a carnivores kingdom - Edit

Found this modern clean and friendly place while visiting in michigan from California.
While here i could actually eat something more substantial than veggie dogs
and chips from the local supermarket!
Tasty and thoughtfully prepared (by hand!) take your time and enjoy.
Thanks "Clean Plate" for making my stay a LOT happier!

Pros: good basic menu, clean attractive, carry out

Cons: a bit pricey, mmmm can't afford the deserts

Great But NOT INEXPENSIVE - Edit

I love Cacao Tree in Royal Oak (also not cheap), so I was excited to see this when I was looking for lunch today!

However, as they are owned by Cacao and far from home, I wanted to support and give it a try. And since its listed as inexpensive, I got excited.

However, just like Cacao, everything runs about 9 dollars an item. Mac and cheese and a burger for my son and I was $25 with tip.

Ugh...wish I could find inexpensive vegan friendly places. So its a once in a while treat only.

Tempe burger was great!

Pros: Vegan, Gluten Free, Knowledgeable

Cons: Expensive

Great place! - Edit

I stopped in for carry-out. I ordered their vegan mac and cheese. It was really good. I would recommend it to others and I would definitely stop in again to try something else. The staff is super friendly as well. I felt welcome as soon as I walked through the door.

Pros: Great food, Friendly Staff, Clean environment

Cons: Slightly pricey

All veg restaurant in northern Macomb County! - Edit

The Clean Plate is a welcome addition to northern Macomb Co. Opened by the owner of Cacao Tree Cafe in Royal Oak, The Clean Plate serves sandwiches, salads, soups, and wraps with some heated items. They do serve some items with dairy cheese but have option of vegan cheese for most wraps and sandwiches. All of their dressings are vegan. They also have a great selection of vegan desserts. BBQ seitan, tempeh burger, shiitake bacon, oh my!!

Pros: an oasis in suburbia, very friendly staff, vegan sweets!!

Cons: gas up the car if in Oakland or Wayne Co

Return to Shelby Charter Township Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Clean Plate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.