The Cinnamon Snail - Food T...

Vegan food truck serving breakfast and lunch in New York and New Jersey. See its webpage for schedule. Last day of business will be on March 1, 2015. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fast food, American, Take-out only

VeggieTeen
VeggieTeen

Delicious but overly-greasy

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2015

After I heard the Cinnamon Snail would be closing at the end of the month, I knew I had to visit it. They said they would be in the Financial District today but ended up having to go to Flatiron because of mechanical problems. Ended up going there anyway because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I got the 5 spice lemongrass seitan sandwich & a couple donuts. The sandwich was really delicious but covered my hands in grease. The donuts were good but really rich and thick. I'd definitely pay it another visit if it weren't closing so soon.

Pros: Delicious & flavorful food, Friendly staff
Cons: Really greasy, not their fault, but erratic locations
tobyz
tobyz

Fantastic vegan food

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2014

A wide variety of pastries and delicious sandwiches prepared by a wonderfully friendly staff. The long lines populated by people who don't appear to be vegan are a testament to the delicious food.

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, Vegan
Cons: Too few trucks
Peanut4
Peanut4

SUPER GOOD!

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2014

SO GOOD! It was a rainy day so there was only 2 people in front of me. The service was quick and friendly. I got the Korean BBQ with greens. Yummy and not too spicy...but I like spice and flavor. I also tried the Thai Basil donut= YUM.

Pros: Quality Food, All Vegan, In different areas

tempehgoddess
tempehgoddess

BEST VEGAN FOOD TRUVK EVER!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

Since July now, me and my boyfriend go every Sunday for cinnamon snail! They're so friendly! Theirs not one thing their that you will not like! It's so good!!!

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food, mediocre desserts

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

The food was good and filling. My girlfriend can't handle spicy foods, and the item she ordered wasn't marked "spicy," but was actually quite spicy, so she had to throw a lot of it away.

The desserts were OK, but not too spectacular.

Overall, I'd go again, but I wouldn't extend a ton of effort to find it, if there's something else available.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: Spicy items not labeled
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Worth the effort to find!

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

These guys have had a tough time of it the past couple of months....Since we ate there in March, they've had to replace their van (crowd funded I may add, how awesome) and now new strict parking regulations are making life incredibly difficult for all food trucks in NYC.

So, it is even more important that where possible, you track down the snail and go support them! Their food is fantastic, the menu is different and interesting....I tried things I have never eaten before and haven't been able to find since!

Their treats/donuts are delightful too, you can't queue up all that time and just get one thing, haha!
The staff are so enthusiastic as well, I admire their passion. They even remembered my friend's name who had been out the country for several months!

Only downside as a customer is the queue- but this is great for them and just shows why they have been voted one of the best places to eat in NYC- it is well deserved!

Pros: the staff, the food
Cons: waiting in the rain!
slo0go
slo0go

Delicious vegan food truck food!

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

Vegans in New York and New Jersey's hearts skip a beat when they find the elusive Cinnamon Snail. The truck drives to different locations in Manhattan throughout the week to deliver vegan goodness to its various constituents. If you follow the Snail on Twitter or Facebook, you can find out where the truck will be on any given day. The Snail also usually makes a stop in Jersey City on Thursdays by the Grove Street PATH in the Spring and Summer months. The truck is based out of Manalapan, New Jersey, I believe.

The sandwiches are absolutely delicious! They have sandwiches made with tempeh, seitan, and tofu. The flavors are wild as well, and include truffle, Korean BBQ, etc etc. Often, though, the sandwiches share ingredients that can detract from the experience if you are crazy like I am and chase the truck for a week to try a different sandwich each time. They use arugula in most sandwiches, so it's almost like many of the sandwiches share a common flavor, even if they are very different sandwiches.

Their desserts are absolutely delicious! I highly recommend the donuts they make with Makers Mark. Their brownies, cookies, and other sweets are also absolutely decadent. I haven't yet had breakfast at the Snail, but I bet it's great, too.

The Cinnamon Snail also bakes beautiful custom cakes and caters parties/weddings. I once ordered a custom cake for a birthday from the Snail. The cake was absolutely gorgeous, but I think it was prettier than it was delicious due to the heavy use of fondant.

Pros: All vegan food truck!, Decadent desserts!, Unique sandwiches!
Cons: Cash Only, Heavy on the arugula on most sandwiches, Heavy use of fondant on custom cakes
ashleyrust
ashleyrust

Favorite Food Truck

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

So good! Just very expensive. Donuts are FANTASTIC.

Pros: variety, convenient, friendly staff
Cons: expensive
BFonville
BFonville

My Favorite NYC restaraunt is a Jersey food truck!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

I've been eating snail since you had to take the PATH to Hobokken to hit them up but now that they are in NYC full time there are a lot of opportunities to eat with them. They have rightfully become quite popular which mens long lines.

Pros: inexpensive, unique flavors, one-of-a-kind gem
Cons: long lines, rarely comes to Brooklyn
Ajolote
Ajolote

crazy donut flavors, satisfying breakfast

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

I just visited this food cart at Wall St and Water St. I ordered a breakfast platter with delicious blue corn pancakes, bland tofu scramble, blah mustard tempeh and a tasty green salad. As you can see, I liked some of my food, but not everything. The flavors of their baked goods look amazing. I bought a Meyer lemon twist and a mango lemongrass glazed donut. I am taking those to San Francisco with me. They are for my hubby. I also tried a raw chocolate jalapeño bar, which did not impress me. I was barely able to taste the jalapeño. I have to go back to try the sandwiches. They are supposed to be spicy. We'll see..,

Pros: nice staff, many flavors of donuts, good coffee
Cons: bland tofu scramble
HiPB
HiPB

Almost too good for words!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I was quite excited to finally make it to The Cinnamon Snail and as it turns out, my expectations were met with the delicious food I ate today. The line when I was arrived was eight-people long and by the time I ordered another eight people were behind me. After going back and forth about what to order, I landed on the Ancho Chili Seitan burger with beer simmered onions and garlic. Wow! I finished off my way-too-big sandwich with an amazing blueberry Hibiscus glazed donut. I don't even like donuts ordinarily, but this was just so sweet and slightly tangy. Can't wait to return! Everything on the menu looked super.

Pros: price, friendly people, taste
Sarask
Sarask

Fantastic!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

In a short break from all the sight seeing around New York City, I chose to go on Twitter, and I saw that the Cinnamon Snail was only a few blocks from my hotel! I went down there and bought a couple of donuts and a cinnamon roll with me to enjoy later with my family. You could see from the long queue along the sidewalk how popular it was, but fortunately the nice staff was really quick at serving the food.
All of these cakes were amazing and tasted just how real donuts and cinnamon rolls should.
I wish I had the chance to try some of their breakfast or lunch items as well, they had a pretty large selection of different yummy-looking sandwiches etc.

Pros: Organic, Nice staff, Tips go to Farm Sanctuary
Cons: A little too sugary
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

all vegan food truck!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

We were able to check out The Cinnamon Snail during our trip to NYC at the Vegan Shop Up event held at Pine Box bar in Brooklyn. So awesome to be able to order anything from a food truck. We tried the maple Dijon mustard tempeh sandwich and the bourbon seitan sandwich. Delicious! Such great flavor combos. I wish I could have tried more stuff. They generally go to the same spots each week, but definitely follow them on Facebook or Twitter for exact locations.

Pros: all vegan food truck, tasty food combos, nice staff
Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Track down the Snail!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Cinnamon Snail is a really fun place to eat - check out their Facebook for the week's daily changing location. They specialize in burgers, sandwiches, donuts and pastries. I ordered the creole BBQ tofu - super flavourful in a big fluffy baguette. Unfortunately, I decided to eat the PB choc pop tart I ordered untoasted - next time, I'd go for one of their dozen flavours of donut (especially if you don't make it to Dun Well in Williamsburg).

Pros: Roving food truck!, Fresh & flavourful, Plenty of baking!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cinnamon Snail - Food Truck: