CLOSED: The Cider Press Cafe

Contact 239-631-2500

1201 Piper Blvd Ste 26, Naples, Florida, USA, 34110

Florida-inspired, plant-based restaurant est. Jan 2014 offering raw food cuisine by chef Johan Everstijn, formerly of Matthew Kenney OKC. Food prep temperature is kept below 117ºF. Its bar serves fresh juices, smoothies, kombucha, craft beer, as well as organic bio-dynamic wine and cocktail. The interior design emphasizes sustainable materials and features historical farming artifacts including a restored cider press from 1869 and bar stools made from tractor seats. CONFIRMED CLOSED BY OWNER, JULY 2016. Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, All Raw

First Review by FoodHeals

Chic, friendly and tasty - Edit

Loved the bar (stools not so good) and had the faux raw chicken wings, very delish. Very nice airy decor with beautiful blue paintings of the ocean. Didn't have dinner as the dishes are loaded with fats which are too much for us but we will be back for another cider and friendly chat with the bartender. Hope they get some high carb vegan food to round out the menu and we will live here when we are in Naples.

Pros: very friendly people, great open atmosphere, tasty

Cons: high fat, need simple carb dishes

Labor of Love and Should Not Be Missed! - Edit

Anyone who has tried to go RAW at home knows that Raw Cuisine is not easy to prepare. Cider Press offers you a variety of food that is amazingly creative. The first time I went for lunch I had a "Lettuce Wedge" with creamy dressing and coconut "bacon" which was incredible! The raw lasagna was "good" but could have been better with a richer sun dried tomato sauce instead of fresh. The burgers are just damn good an you will chuckle at the creative minds who prepared these wonderful dishes. Don't delay, go today. They are popular and reservations I would suggest during season.

Pros: Creative food, Great Flavors and Great Staff, Wonderful Wine and Hard Cider

Cons: Expensive

Eh - Edit

If you like raw foods this place is perfect. Personally raw food is not my strong point, but I remember going here and it being great. I got the Bella burger in August 2015, I got it again Jan 2016. I feel like I over estimated it, it was terrible the bread is doughy. Ugh and it was so expensive, $14 for a sandwich that probably cost them $2 to make. Idek if you like raw food go but if you don't then I wouldn't recommend.

Pros: Healthy , Clean, Raw

Cons: Raw , Doughy, Weird taste/smell

Raw food woo hoo - Edit

Wow not only was the food amazing the ambience was perfect. The food came out quick and Sarah my server was amazing in every way! If you want to be overflowing with joy from the most amazing service and food make sure you ask for Sarah and visit The Cider Press soon snd often.

Pros: Sarah my server , The ambience, The food

Cons: Seems like a ways away from downtown Naples, maybe

High quality all the way…fresh as fresh can get! - Edit

This is one of the most amazing restaurants I have ever eaten in, bar none. Whether you are new to eating raw plant based or a plant based lifer, this is a must try. Naples folks are truly living the good life with Cider Press there. Immaculately clean, fresh modern environment, open kitchen, best raw plant based food with high honors for creativity in cuisine and presentation. This restaurant is the real VEGAN/PLANT BASED deal. If you feel like eating light they offer soup or salads and sandwich choices. Last week I had a bacon-less BLT and kale salad, all for $12. With so much labor, love, and fresh ingredients involved, there is not a better value anywhere. The amazing flatbread for the sandwich is made with yellow squash, walnuts, nutritional yeast, & flax- made in their dehydrators (there are no stoves or ovens at Cider Press). The "bacon" is dehydrated eggplant! The sandwich has avocado, lettuce, and tomatoes. An absolute YUM. The kale salad is perfection. There is a must try and that is the Florida Roll which looks just like a tuna sushi roll. I won't reveal the secret to the "tuna" but it will blow your mind, nor will I divulge the secret to the "rice" which will also do same. I will let them tell you. Over the top nutritious and the presentations are just fabulous. Wait staff is very knowledgable too. They serve wines and teas and fresh fruit drinks. They are opening a 2nd location in the art district of St. Pete. Woah…lucky St. Pete! Go, enjoy! Plan to take photos of your plates!

Pros: clean, fresh, open kitchen, outside dining, outstanding cuisine and value

Love it! - Edit

I'm so proud that Naples, FL is home to Cider Press Cafe. All Raw and All Vegan-I believe. (The first time I went they did use honey in some recipes but I believe they may have taken that out of their ingredient list.) The food is yummy. The only negative is the distance from my house.

Pros: All Raw, Delicious, Vegan

Cons: Nothing!

lovely raw restaurant - Edit

My family and I tried this restaurant a few nights ago and had a great meal. Nice entrees, good enchiladas, and delicious drinks! We found it to be a bit pricey for the amount of food you actually got, which is why I am only giving it four stars. Still definitely a restaurant to check out in the Naples area!!

Excellent addition to the area - Edit

So far I've eaten here twice. The first time we came, they had just launched for a few days and were still in soft opening. The menu was somewhat limited—there were no more than three items under each course and they only had sorbet for dessert(!) So, when we came back a couple months later for lunch, it was exciting to see the expanded menu with so many more options. We had a great experience on both occasions.

These are the things we've tried:
- starters: Florida rolls, Thai lettuce wraps, pineapple kimchi dumplings
- soup: corn chowder
- mains: chipotle enchiladas, churrasco, the three amigos
- desserts: chocolate ganache tart, key lime pie

Everything was good. The standouts, though, were the corn chowder, the three mains, and the desserts. Not saying the starters were bad, but the flavors just weren't bold and assertive enough for my liking. In that the enchiladas and the three amigos were so similar, I would suggest getting either one. While both cakes were rich and scrumptious as expected, my partner and I were partial to the key lime pie for its sharp and tart edge. On the whole, I would say the menu selection was pretty standard for raw food cuisine, although not quite in the same league as those on the West Coast or in NYC in terms of sophistication or creativeness. Still it was decent and we enjoyed it.

Food aside, the staff was uber friendly and knowledgeable. The interior was bright, clean, and spacious. I just wish they could knock a buck or two off the prices and/or increase the portions. Granted, raw vegan food takes considerable time and resources to make; the ingredients aren't exactly the cheapest either. But a dinner for two with, say, one app, two mains, one dessert and just water, could easily set you back $50 before tip. I would definitely come more often if it wasn't for the cost. That being said, I'm thrilled that they are here. This breath of fresh air to the local meat/fast food-centric food scene is very much welcomed. I really hope they thrive and continue to stay!

Pros: tasty food, friendly service, neat décor

Cons: pricey, small portions

Outstanding - Edit

My husband and I are vegan but have never really thought to go to an all raw restaurant, thinking the menu would be too restricted, but everything with that we tried at Cider Press was outstanding, from the Florida roll to the "Lasagna" and the avocado tacos to the desserts. We were blown away by how flavorful everything was. I had the key lime pie and he had the salted caramel cheesecake. We each thought ours was the best, but they were both amazing. There doesn't seem to be anything bad at this restaurant. We plan to go back one more time before we leave the Naples area to try their kombucha and have some more Florida rolls and try the enchiladas. My husband said that of all the vegan restaurants we've tried, this is by far the best. Service was great too. I wish there was a restaurant like this in our hometown of Knoxville Tennessee!

Updated from previous review on Thursday May 29, 2014

Pros: Raw, Vegan, Diverse Menu

Cons: strip mall setting

once great, once horrible - Edit

My husband and I visited about a month ago and had an amazing experience. I returned about 2 weeks ago and had a horrible experience. On the first visit we were served by the VERY friendly, and five star service server, named Alan. The food was fresh, and presented very beautifully. Alan was very attentive and made us feel very welcomed. We had entrees, dessert, and coffee. The kitchen staff was also very friendly and invited me to view the kitchen. The second time I visited, I was actually the only guest in the restaurant. I was served by a girl who stood behind the bar but came out to my table. She took my order, and never checked on me once after my food arrived or while I dined. I had to get up and ask for pepper for my salad. And then again to ask for my bill. There were two gentlemen sitting in the back. I believe they were partners of the restaurant as they were there the last time. What makes the whole thing worse is that I WAS THE ONLY GUEST, and no one even noticed that I was there.

Pros: Great Ambience , High Quality Food , Only raw choice in the area

Cons: Inconsistent Service , Lack of Managers Awareness

Eat Here!! - Edit

Omg you have to eat at this restaurant! The entire place is gluten free vegan and raw. This is some of the beat raw food I've had. We started with the flatbread which comes with dried tomatoes, capers, and but cheese, and with the vegan Caesar salad. For entrees we got the Three Amigos (tacos) and enchiladas which were both delicious as well. As if that wasn't enough, we shared the key lime pie for dessert. Everything was bursting with freshness and so much flavor! My non-vegan husband is used to eating raw/vegan and gf and agrees that this was one of the best meals we've had.

Pros: beautiful ambience , delightful staff, amazing flavor and freshness

Raw Vegan, Unbelievably luscious - Edit

Cider Press Café is unique. The food is vegan, raw, gluten free and sugar free. However, it tastes richly fulfilling. Our party of 4 began with Kale chips. These little crispy things tasted cheesy, better than any of my junk food temptations. We had Seminole Corn Chowder that tasted of corn and butter, Caesar salad, gazpacho made with flavorful organic local tomatoes, sushi rolls made with avocado and jicama grated like rice, lasagna with cashew nut cheese. Desserts were worth our trip. We had cheesecake and banana splits that were on par with the "real thing" done well. Everything was totally yummy because it was freshly prepared, organic, and seasoned by an upper echelon cook. Nothing tasted like twigs. The service was attentive. The food was better than any cooked vegetarian meal I have ever made and I have been cooking veggie exclusively for 40 years. Our party was composed of 2 semi-serious vegetarians, 1 serious vegan, and 1 serious vegetarian. There is wine, beer, and smoothies, but we did not have them. Dinner for two was $40.

Pros: Vegan, Gourmet caliber, Knock your socks off dessert

Cons: Smallish portions, Strip mall setting, Expensive if you eat everything you want

Wow! Just wow! - Edit

It is not easy finding a decent vegan meal in south Florida. I could not have been more happy with my dining experience at The Cider Press. We ordered the kale chips and Florida roll (fantastic) for appetizers. Our dinners were out of this world and our desserts were amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend The Cider Press to anybody looking for a great meal. The restaurant is spotless and the service was fantastic. Both Roland and Chef Johan visted our table and are wonderful human beings! I wish they were not 20 hours away! Thank you for the best dining experience we had while in Florida!

Pros: Vibrant, beautiful, amazing food, Clean, Great service

AMAZING!!!! - Edit

This place is so great! I went during their few weeks of opening and they were spot on! I've worked in the restaurant industry and there are always kinks to work out but they seemed to have worked them out very quickly as i didn't notice anything short of a wonderful experience. The staff is helpful especially Kimberly behind the bar. i had the lasagna, which was delightful. I travel for work and often find myself in locations that are not familiar, however, this staff was very comforting! I am vegan though i found their staff was very informative to those who did not know about what raw or vegan meant. The food is beyond delicious. I wish i could eat here every day. The Chocolate ganache tart was to die for, some raw vegan desserts are a bit decitant however this was perfect!!!!

I am so excited to go here for lunch tomorrow~
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 18, 2014

Pros: Amazing food, glorious staff, informative

Cons: no non vegan/raw options

Amazing raw, organic, vegan food. - Edit

If you live in Naples, you are blessed to have The Cider Press Cafe. I was on work travel from out of state and discovered the restaurant on Happy Cow. I am vegan and I have had raw food a few times but usually when I visit FL, I am relegated to eating a salad or if I'm lucky, one other food item. Cider Press Cafe was a wonderful find! It is a modern, upscale restaurant with amazing food that will heal your body and soul. Johan (Exec Chef) is an endearing man who clearly found his life path; he cheerfully greets diners and checks to see how you are enjoying the food.

My waiter was Allen and he is "the sweetest" gentlemen; he was also a great server and knowledgeable about all the foods. As a vegan, it is rare for me to find so many enticing meals to eat when I travel. I loved my lunch (Florida roll, lettuce wraps, kombucha, and chocolate ganache tart) so much that I came back for dinner (mocktail, delicious corn chowder, and massaged citrus kale salad). I was too full from lunch to eat the entres that I wanted for dinner. So I rearranged my last day here to leave the beach early, so I can eat a nutritious lunch before I head to the airport. I'm going to order something to go also. A note on prices: reasonable for lunch but remarkable for dinner. In DC, our amazing raw vegan restaurant is open only Friday nights and is a prefixed menu, about $75 pp. At Cider Press, my expansive and leisurely lunch came to around $40, but my dinner was only $21.

At my first lunch, a lifelong vegan was sitting next to me telling Allen that the tiramasu was the best vegan dessert she ever tried. She ended up offering me to try it. It was the best tiramasu I ever tried, but note I don't like coffee flavor. The coffee flavor was there but it was ever so subtle. I liked my chocolate ganache better but the tiramasu was a lovely delicate dessert for those that don't need chocolate in their lives.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice vibe

Cons: chocolate ganache needs a knife

Return to Naples Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Cider Press Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6011 times since Jan 2014.