The Cheeze Factory Restaurant

• Friend
608-253-6065

521 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA, 53965

For families craving healthier food and a respite from chain restaurants, this vegan restaurant provides lunch and dinner in a well-lit, converted old cheese factory building surrounded by lush summer gardens. Re-opened Dec 2013 with an exclusively vegan, non-gmo menu with from-scratch meals, a kids menu, bakery desserts, and cappuccino served at an old-fashioned soda fountain. Location is 1 mile off I90/94, exit 92N or 89N, down the street from Tanger Mall, Great Wolfe Lodge, Mt. Olympus, and Wilderness Resort. Open Mon 8:30am-8:00pm, Wed-Sun 8:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Catering

First Review by sim_conners

a godsend to the middle of WI! - Edit

My husband and I are both plant based and gluten free, and we frequently travel through WI dells on the way to and from his family's cabin. This past weekend we serendipitously stumbled upon this amazing 100% plant based gem! We were absolutely blown away by the food, the gluten free options, their effort to avoid GMOs, the service... just everything! We accidentally arrived only 10 minutes before close, so we thought we would ask if we could get something quick for take out. Not only did the owner (manager?) insist on us sitting down to eat, but our waiter was incredibly accommodating to our late arrival as well. We also had the pleasure of speaking to the owner of the restaurant who was such an amazing person! It was great to hear a little bit about the history of the restaurant and also that the vast majority of their ingredients are even organic! We can't recommend this place enough!

Pros: a m a z i n g food!, excellent staff/owner/etc, incredibly accommodating!

Cons: they aren't close to home! :)

Great Service - Edit

We stopped by on our way home from Milwaukee only to find they had just closed. Knowing the struggles of finding food options they allowed us to dine in while they were closing up. On top of that, the food was great!

Pros: Entire Menu is Vegan

Cons: Pricier but it was a tourist area

yum! - Edit

The pancakes are delicious! I love pancakes and when I have the chance I'll order one. I wish they would add sausage links. It would hit the spot. Nevertheless the service is great. I ordered some sandwich to go.

Pros: parking, atmosphere, service, food, clean bathroom

plant based goodness! - Edit

First time to Wisconsin Dells and what a wonderful surprise to find a vegan restaurant so close to Great Wolf Lodge. The food was delicious and the service was delightful. Lovely atmosphere, great coffee, and the deserts are delectable. I would recommend this to anyone not just vegans.

Pros: variety of choices , kid-friendly , spacious

so good! - Edit

Stopped here on a road trip-so happy we did! Thank you happy cow for the info! Hubs had the gnocchi and fish sandwich with the banana crunch cake for dessert. I had the chickpea chili and miso noodle bowl with the cashew dream chocolate espresso cake for dessert. Officially full and enjoyed every bite. The staff is great. The decor reminds me of my grammars house-quaint and comfortable

Pros: great service, amazing house made food, vegan and gluten free

5 Cows!! - Edit

Best veggie burger of my life. Amazing desserts. Top notch espresso drinks. Friendliest service. Go here!

The best ever - Edit

Really decent food.

Pros: Fast service

Cons: Expensive

Perfect for families - vegan or not - Edit

We took our family seven here twice while visiting Wisconsin Dells. Not only was the service absolutely spectacular, but they were great to the kids and the kids ate the food better than we expected. They loved the pancakes. Our seven month old ate almost a whole banana that came with the pancakes. I had the spicy sausage and schmeggs the first time which was great. The second time I had an Asian stirfry with tofu with is also excellent. My wife had the Monterey bean burger which she loved as well as a fajita dish. The coffee with ice cream great to finish off the meal. The kids loved the chocolate cake and they had root beer floats. Of course everything is made with almond milk or soy milk. Our son had a cashew/pistachio allergy and they were excellent accommodating that. They gave a special surprise mint to the kids with a nice kind of fortune with it. They gave all 5 kids a little toy at the end as well which was a very nice touch and made them very excited. This is definitely going to be our go to place every time we come to the Dells.

Plant Based Delights - Edit

How wonderful to have a whole menu to choose from! Love the choices!

Pros: plant based, mellow, family friendly

Wow! I need a place like this around me! - Edit

Amazing place on every level. The food was perfect and so good. Our whole family including some picky kids were completely satisfied and happy. I cannot wait till return!

Pros: 100% plant based and non GMO menu. Courteous and k

Contributions +116

Restaurant Wars Champion - Edit

We were a bit surprised to find a completely vegan restaurant in such a touristy area. We're glad we did! The Cheeze Factory was outstanding. Everything we ordered including cornbread, pancakes, pasta dishes and sandwiches was top notch. They also have great smoothies, OOgave and an extensive dessert selection. If that is not enough the atmosphere is relaxed and the staff are super friendly and helpful.

Every year when we are on our road trip we have a friendly competition between the restaurants we visit called restaurants. The Cheeze Factory was this year's runaway champion with perfect scores across the board. One of the best vegan restaurants ever!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-01

Pros: Awesome Food!, Awesome Drinks!

This place rocks!!! - Edit

This place is awesome! Tasty food! Amazing service!!a A++++

Pros: A 100% vegan menu!!!

Cons: Nothing!

Amazing! - Edit

I have only been here once so far, but that one time blew me away. I cannot wait to return! The food is amazing and so is the staff.

very helpful - Edit

Excellent food. Great flavor. Staff was very helpful making suggestions to suit my husbands additional dietary restrictions. Definitely will be back.

A diamond in the rough - Edit

In the center of Wisconsin's own tinsel town/cholesterol haven, this wonderful homey restaurant sits proudly. You'd never guess; no special V signage; it just stands in the mainstream! It is only 10min off of the highway, plenty of parking, and a no-worry menu. There is a jukebox in the corner (playing easy listening 1950s sing-along tunes), a nice sitting area with sofas(for waiting, maybe...not crowded when we went), a sit-at-counter as well as table and booth and indoor patio seating. Womens' bathroom very nicely maintained. Overall sense of clean, tidy, proud of their restaurant.

We had the Deli-icious sandwiches, a side of sweet potatoes, the banana crunch cake and the key lime pie. Sandwiches were full of flavor, nothing gourmet, but very satisfying for the vegan eater who enjoys a robust sandwich now and again. The sweet potatoes were ok...too much "pumpkin pie"-type seasoning, but bit slabs of baked fries to accompany a sandwich. The banana crunch cake...well, superb...just superb. The maple frosting really did it. If you like banana, get it. The key lime is raw and much like a cheesecake. The lime flavor was a tad reminiscent of bottled lime juice, but otherwise tangy, slightly sweet with an awesome chewy/crunchy crust.

Pros: Atmosphere, Sandwich selections, Dessert selections

Cons: Carrot "slaw" on green salad

long time favorite! - Edit

I have been coming here for years. It was a shock to find and all veg place in the Dells. Now that they are all vegan, it's even better!

Loved this place! - Edit

This is a stereotypical Wisconsin cafe, but 100% vegan. It's just a short stop off the freeway and well worth the couple minutes to get there. The menu has lots of choices including an all-day brunch menu. We can vouch for the tortada, burgers, gnocchi, club sandwich, carrot cake, cheesecake, chocolate cake and hot chocolate. :-)

The only thing surprising to me was that with a name like Cheeze factory, there wasn't any homemade Cheeze. But that aside, this was a great lunch and very large portions.

The server said they might be moving to Baraboo Wisconsin in October 2015. I hope not as it would be less convenient from the freeway. But just FYI to verify if you're planning a visit.

Pros: huge selection, large portions, delicious

What to order?!?! - Edit

Everything! There is not one bad dish at this restaurant. The staff is friendly, the food divine, and don't get me started on the deserts. They are a specialty and you would think you're eating something bad-it's sooo good, but it's all healthy and fresh!

Return to Wisconsin Dells Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cheeze Factory Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.