The Cheerful Chilli

+43-1943466567

E Chevin Rd, Otley, England, LS21 3DD

A vegetarian restaurant, with plenty of vegan options, has a lively, but intimate, relaxing atmosphere. All food is freshly made-in-house to order with an eclectic mix of dishes from around the world, including desserts and ice creams. When possible, uses locally produced food, homegrown vegetables and fair trade products. Located inside a converted farmhouse with a courtyard for outdoor dining. Open Tue-Fri 6:30pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm. Sat and Sun during the day offers a tearoom menu with snacks and drinks. Evenings are full restaurant menu.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Mexican

First Review by HLWalker

one of my favourite restaurants - Edit

I love this place. Food is always amazing and there is a lovely relaxing atmosphere. Mid price range, not cheap but not extortionate either. Gorgeous surroundings and very quaint building.

Pros: fantastic food with lots of vegan options

Cons: none

Not so Cheerful experience. - Edit

Whilst on a trip to Yorkshire, I’d made a list of food places to visit, I was thrilled when I discovered we were in the area to visit the Cheerful Chilli. Set in a gorgeous farmhouse, in idyllic settings, I was really surprised as the website doesn’t really advertise the location at all.

We arrived around 11 o’clock for an early dinner, and were pleased to see there was already a good gathering of people seated both outside and inside. We ordered our food and drinks and were informed to pick up our drinks from the counter, but our meals would be brought to us.

After 40 minutes of waiting, we noted the lady who ordered food before us in the queue had popped back in to see whether her order had been forgotten, she was informed it would be ready soon. Once the clock had reached one hour since ordering we had to give it up as a poor job. We approached the lady that served us and that we’d like a refund, she agreed and apologised as there was a family event on the day before. After waiting an hour for food (two items of which were just soup), we thought the coffees would have been given as courtesy but this was not the case. We were refunded for the food we ordered and left disappointed and very hungry.

If we were forewarned (or even informed in our one hour sat waiting) that there was a delay on the food this would have been understandable; as they must have been well aware of it, but this didn’t happen.

Thankfully the area is blessed with plenty of more veggie and vegan eateries, with fantastic customer service, quality food and turnaround times instead.

Pros: Lovely Setting

Cons: Over an hour wait for food, Not courteous of our patience, Gesture of goodwill not offered as compensation

Great little place! - Edit

This is a fantastic little restaurant if you're looking for somewhere informal to eat. You can take your own wine (corkage fee applies), and the staff pretty much leave you to it, there's no lingering around asking how your meal is or pressuring you to hurry your meal which is refreshing.
The entire menu is vegetarian, but there are a few vegan options on there too. The portions are pretty big, and the food is really tasty. You can also request vegan desert, which is a bonus!
If you aren't into spice, don't let the name put you off, there isn't chilli in everything. It's just that a lot of the dishes contain a homemade chilli, which is delicious. My other half had the nacho's to start, and they were enormous handmade nachos, not the typical crisps you get out of a bag.
We are definitely going back soon; it's so nice to have loads of options on a menu that I will eat when we go out for a meal!

Pros: Vegan dishes on the menu!, Really tasty food, and plenty of it!, Bring your own wine - always a winner!

Cons: We ended up parking on the road :-(

Return to Otley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cheerful Chilli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.