The Catalyst Cafe

Contact 406-541-4622

111 N Higgins Ave, Missoula, Montana, USA, 59802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and espresso bar. Uses local sources whenever possible for produce and breads. Has a few vegan as well gluten-free choices. Breakfast and lunch. Mon-Fri 7:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by J and J

a great vegan option for lunch! - Edit

I am deleting my previous review that called for more vegan options, and I am going to praise the Catalyst for rising to the occasion. We ate lunch there a few days ago, and there are currently two different vegan sandwiches (both of which are excellent - a Georgian walnut spread eggplant sandwich and a tempeh sandwich), and there are two soups that are either vegan or can be made vegan, as well as plenty of salads that can be made vegan. Just note, that you need to ask for it on sour dough or gluten-free bread, because the standard "bird man bread" has honey in it. Our lunch at the Catalyst was outstanding! Way to go Catalyst!

Updated from previous review on 2014-09-01

Pros: clearly labeled , carries local Tandem Doughnut's vegan bread, two excellent vegan sandwiches!!!

Cons: standard bread uses honey

Few options, but good nonetheless - Edit

Went here for a quick brunch. They only have a few explicitly vegan options - two being sandwiches which you must request another bread, because the bread they use has honey. I ended up getting the smoked tempeh sandwich with a tomato-lime soup on the side. The food was good and also quite filling. There was quite a long wait to be seated for a Monday morning, but I found the staff to be friendly and there were lots of tables. I also had an almond milk latte which was great.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Vegan items on the menu

Cons: Had to ask to change bread, Long wait, Few options

Unfriendly Staff and owner - Edit

Owner is not friendly and just let us wait for about 20 minutes just for a 3 egg omelet!

We are a vegan group and we want to have a nice comfy breakfast but instead we are just disappointed.

Return to Missoula Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Catalyst Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1218 times since Oct 2012.