The Cardamom Pod

Contact 0452218108

Shop 1/2685 Gold Coast Highway Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Queensland, 4218

Vegetarian eatery with a garden-inspired decor, featuring a wall garden and colorful furnishing. Organic produce is used as much as possible. Vegan platter, fancy salads, hot dishes, tea bar, mock tails, fruit lassies, house-made desserts. Has gluten free options. Previously at Shop 11/110 Surf Parade. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western

First Review by foxmulder881

SO GOOD - Edit

Came here while staying in Gold Coast. SO MANY VEGAN OPTIONS! The smoothies are amazing. The salads are super flavourful with a wide range, spicy, sweet, tangy etc. The VEGAN SHEPHERDS PIE is INCREDIBLE, I would travel all the way back here just to have it again. Canteen style service makes the whole experience easy and fun, you get your food right away. All staff were friendly and kind, great people, good vibes. 10/10 would go again.

Pros: Very fast service , Loads of vegan options , Great atmosphere and location

New Ferry Rd Location - Edit

The Cardamom Pod has really taken off since moving from its former location under The Phoenician. It's well deserved too because the food and decor we're always so amazing and such good quality. The new location on the GC Highway quickly became famous for its breakfasts which are not to be missed. Just looking at their breakfast is enough to make you pull out your camera and take a thousand pictures simply because it looks like the most amazing, delicious art. By the time you eat it it's either cold or melted since you sat in awe of its beauty for so long. They've recently opened a restaurant in the Brickworks at Ferry Rd and its taken over the breakfast menu that used to be at the Gc Highway location. The Ferry Rd restaurant is more of a restaurant. The menu is different and there is no hot box selection. I'd recommend going first thing in the morning if you're going for breakfast because as I said, it's ridiculously good and people know it so it's busy! Also if you're going to the Ferry Rd location for lunch, I'd go after the brunch/lunch rush is over, about 1:30 is good if you don't want a crowd. Both locations look amazing in terms of decor. The staff are great and if not busy, they can take your order pretty quick. Expect a wait if you go at rush hour for obvious reasons. When we ate breakfast when it used to be served at the GC Hwy location, we waited 1 hour before going up to the counter to order because it was so packed no staff were even thinking about taking our order so be prepared for that. I love the new Ferry Rd location because their menu is different for the more Hare Krishna fare. I'd highly recommend both!

Pros: variety, flavour, price

Cons: slow service when busy, can be very crowded

Good food, service and atmosphere - Edit

All vegan and vegetarian food in an excellent little cafe with great atmosphere.
Very nice food (although I would prefer it to be slightly less loudly sometimes) and tea. And very friendly staff.
I wish more vegan and vegetarian places could attempt this sort of atmosphere.

My meal was affordable enough but many options were rather expensive.

Pros: Good food. , Good staff. , Lovely atmosphere

Cons: A wee bit too oily, A bit too expensive.

Gold Coast vegetarian delight! - Edit

I visited this place many times on my trip to Broadbeach at the weekend. I am Vegetarian and also took along non-vego friends. They loved the food, atmosphere, price and friendly staff!
Delicious selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes - I wish they had a recipe book. Where I live in Victoria there are no vego places close by so for me it was a highlight to go out to eat and have a huge selection to choose from.
I will be back to The Cardomom Pod" on my next trip.

Pros: Delicious dishes, Great prices, Super staff

Great food, wish they were 100% vegan - Edit

About half the food is vegan. They would benefit greatly I believe by going completely vegan and I encourage anyone else that think this to let them know. They're not exactly going to loose vegetarian customers if all the food is vegan, but they will gain vegan customers that can eat more there or that usually don't like to eat out at non-vegan places. Drinks are also great, huge selection of them and they serve them amazingly (cocktail glasses etc.)

Pros: Great food/drinks, Cool atmosphere/furniture

Cons: Should be 100% vegan, Can be expensive if you're really hungry

Great Place - Edit

Laid back cafe style feel in a great location, with delicious food. They seem to have very knowledgeable staff and well labelled meal options.

The only comment I would say is, if you are a high carb low fat vegan then you might not have too many options here.

Pros: Delicious, Good Range

Cons: Food A Little Bit High In Fat For My Preference

gorgeous healthy tasty cool - Edit

my second visit in a week, this place is almost too good to be true.the location is awesome on the corner of the main eat street of broadbeach, with amazing decore, and mood lighting with all sorts of querky furniture and cool walpaper..the food is healthy and packed with superfoods and they also have heaps of vegan gluten free and even raw offerings. the amazing thing is that its so tasty and yet very well priced concidering all the food value... loved all the hot food we ordered and the salads had sooooo much flavour the deserts where healthy but ultra yum and they also have a juice and smoothy bar with all sorts of original liquid nectar. highly recommend this place and also their smaller cute and cosy cafe in byron...YUMMM

beautiful food. - Edit

I had vegan moussaka, with koftas. It was delicious. Nice chilled out vibe. A touch pricey the food is sitting in baymaries, but I'll be back when I'm next in Bris-Vegas

Pros: tasty, trendy atmosphere

Cons: a little overpriced

Sloppy Food - Edit

The Cardamom Pod has a great location and setting. It's a short walk from the beach and great place to relax after walking in the city. It has indoor and outdoor seating.

The raw key lime pie with vegan icecream is appetizing, but the crust needs some work. As I bite into it find big chunks of whatever nuts and seeds they used.

The hot dishes are sloppy. Like something one would find at a food court. I say stay away from them and stick with the fresh foods and desserts.

Pros: Large quantity, Friendly service, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Can be expensive, Mediocre taste

LOVE IT! - Edit

This place is definatly worth checking out! It felt like a haven being able to go in there and order food that you know is prepared with you and your dietary requirements in mind.

The food is delish and so is the coffee and tea.

The decor is fantastic, so eclectic but current.

I can't wait to go back!

Pros: excellent food, amazing decor, great location

Classy veg joint in Broadbeach - Edit

I like this place a lot. At the moment, in my mind, this is the reigning champion of all vegetarian eateries worldwide. lol

On my first visit, I ordered the polenta/cauliflower cheese bake thingy for my wife and I got a salad combo plate. What a treat! The salads were so nicely made and addictively tasty. I've never come across salads as interesting as these. I have to recommend them.

I got a sample of the polenta bake from my wife. YUM!

The rose kulfi was heavenly. It melts in your mouth and was full of subtlety. You gotta try this as I've never seen it anywhere outside of India. The rhubarb tart was delicious too.

I also like the decor with the big beautiful photo of Krishna on the wall. I sat in one of the outdoor webbed chairs which wasn't the most supportive of my weight. (Big guy) They had potted plants that hung upside down from the ceiling ?!? It was a bit on the "Dr. Suess" side, but interesting and eclectic nonetheless.

The service was sweet and friendly. The portions were ample. The prices were reasonable considering the quality of what was served.

The Cardomom Pod in Broadbeach is definitely worth checking out.

Pros: yum, yum, yum

Veg goes trendy - Edit

Went here a couple of days ago, was blown away by the decor but even more by the food. Recommend the moussaka and the rhubarb tart. Looking forward to going back and trying everything!

Pros: Very tasty food, Superb decor, Huge space

Cons: Bit hard to find, Too many things to choose from

Go to Govindas instead - Edit

Having heard positive things about this place, I decided to go. I received extremely small servings and the food was very average. You are better off going to Govindas in James St (Burleigh) as you will get a cheaper, better and bigger meal.

Pros: Location

Cons: Small serves, Expensive for portion size, Koftas are average

Excellent new gourmet cafe. Happy vegetarian! - Edit

Yay, finally a great vegetarian place to eat in Broadbeach. My first visit, it only opened four days ago. If this visit was anything to go by then I plan on eating there at least twice a week. Simple but delicious, nice atmosphere, prices were really reasonable. Finally some recognition for all of us vegies out there. An end to not being able to find a clean tasty healthy vege cafe. My husband is not a vegetarian but he tried my meal and definitely agrees that we will be returning, if thats not a good sign than I wouldn't know what is! Thanks Cardamom Pod. from your new over excited vege fan L.J

Return to Gold Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cardamom Pod closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6151 times since Sep 2011.