The Cambridge Brew House

+44-1223855185

1 King St, Cambridge, England, CB1 1LH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Brew pub with vegan and vegetarian items marked on the menu. Includes a vegan soup of the day, sweet potato falafel with harissa, hummus with roasted red pepper, and lentil curry. Menu also indicates vegan wines. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by LaVanessa

Gave us meat - Edit

My boyfriend asked for a jackfruit sandwich and specified that we were vegan, he spoke personally to the chef who said he could do it no problem. When food arrived the waitress called it a vegan sandwich. He took a bite and said it was very like meat but because she had said it was vegan I trusted that it wasn't. We got more suspicious and saw the chef staring over at us and talking to the waitress. She came over and asked if everything was okay and we pointed out that we weren't convinced it was vegan, to which she replied that it was beef brisket. She replaced the meal with jackfruit and gave it to us for free however I feel lied to and disgusted that the chef blatantly gave us the wrong item and seemed to be proud of himself. Won't be back obviously and wouldn't recommend.

Pros: Clearly labelled vegan food and drinks

Cons: Fed us meat even though we told them we were vegan, Lied to us and contradicted themselves, Chef seemed to be proud of giving us meat

Brewpub with clearly marked vegan options - Edit

Came here on an early Sunday evening with my partner. Was immediately pleased with the chill, youthful atmosphere and the music playing (Stone Roses, Blur, Unkle, etc). Service was friendly and prompt. Was very happy to see that vegan options were clearly marked (even the wine). Had the soup of the day (some sort of garlic soup?) and the sweet potato 'falafels' with harissa. Both were tasty, although I'd suggest tweaking the texture of the falafels slightly to make it less rubbery. But it was all yummy. Enjoyed my cider. Beer samplers also available. And there was a pot of fresh basil on the table. I'd definitely return if I were in the area.

Pros: has vegan pub food, atmosphere, decent prices

Cons: wish they had even more vegan options

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cambridge Brew House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.