The Caffeine Club

• ( 2 reviews )

46 Tavistock Pl, Plymouth, England, PL4 8AX

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant serving coffee, tea, smoothies, and a vegan burger. NOTE: May 2019 reported limited vegan options - please send updates. Open Mon-Sun 00:00-00:00.

Categories: Lacto, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by CorrieA

GeorgiaBarrow

Points +11

Non Veg
13 Sep 2020

3 year loyal customers wont return

Truly awful service tonight.
Ended up requesting a refund on our food. Very unfortunate that such a bad experience occured for my husband and myself tonight. staff nore interested in counting down to their "[censored] break" than customer service wasnt done ordering before a card payent device was thrust infront of us by a young man that smelled of marijuana. we also had to ask for our table to be cleaned. after a longer-than-usual wait for our food (the gut buster we ordered looked as though it was just slopped onto the plate by the way, not displayed as we usually recieve or as youd expect) the waiter banged both of our orders down on the table, he then proceeded to throw down the cutlery and disappeared off without even asking if we required salt, condiments etc, and ignored us as we called after him.
i eventually after a chat with the young man did recieve a refund on the food (we chose not to eat it after being made to feel very unwelcome) i will say he did confide in me that he is a manager and he did apologise for his behaviour but at this point it was too little too late. after being regular customers for over 3 years im sorry to say we will not be returning and would advise others to do the same, not only for the poor customer service but also due to the lack of covid-safe procedures.

My husband and I have been in the industry for many years, himself being a manager (both FOH management and KM roles) and myself in waiting positions, we have better understanding of how the industry works than the average joe, which makes it all the more appalling to have recieved this service, your training and skillsets should lay out your standards and how to uphold them.

Sorry guys, but you messed up tonight and I sincerely hope you take this experience on board and improve. Despite this bad experience I do hope some good can come of it and you can use this as an opportunity for personal growth and development. You guys are better than this.

Pros: None

Cons: everything

CorrieA

Points +62

08 Jul 2018

Vegan option no longer available

The only vegan option on the menu was a LM burger, after ordering they informed me that they no longer do the vegan burger. However they do have LM sausages which they offered instead in the bap. It was nice but not sure they'll offer this replacement every time.

Pros: They offered a replacement

Cons: Only 1 vegan option if they allow the sausages to

Return to Plymouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Caffeine Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.