The Button Warehouse

+44-1625433093

Stanley Mill, Stanley St, Macclesfield, England, SK11 6AU

A wholefoods cafe in an old silk mill hidden away down a passageway in the town centre, since summer 2016. All food and drink is vegan and largely organic. Range of loose leaf teas plus fair trade coffee with plant milk options. Original stone, brick and timber features and large wooden tables create a social atmosphere. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-4:30pm. Opens Sunday of month 10am-3pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, British, European

First Review by Greyskies

Delicious and Healthy - Edit

The Button Warehouse was the first place I visited since transitioning to veganism, and what a way to start off my trail of seeking out vegan places to eat! I’m very much into my ‘clean eating’ and their menu does not disappoint – local and organic where possible, fresh, and so delicious! Since then I’ve been once more and ordered the same thing twice as it was so tasty – the homemade Staffordshire oatcake, harissa tofu and tabbouleh, so fresh and scrummy. The first time we visited my partner had the soup of the day (butternut squash) with freshly baked rye bread. The second time he ordered the spelt ‘pizza’. Safe to say the plates and bowls were completely clear when we were finished, portions were perfect, leaving you satisfied, but never stuffed and heavy.

The first time we picked up a dessert, which as all their other products are made with no refined sugars – blueberry ‘cheese’cake, delicious! A wide variety of plant milks to choose from, and a takeaway service available too, with completely compostable takeaway cups!

Could not fault The Button Warehouse, apart from it being a bit too far from home, haha. I plan to be visiting many more times!

Pros: Healthy, freshly prepared, great menu, Gorgeous location, friendly atmosphere, very clean

Cons: Nothing!

Tranquil and delicious - Edit

Had lunch here today and it was excellent. I had a sweet potato bean burger with coleslaw and hummus and it was delicious. My husband had sautéed leeks, with mustard on rye bread toast and that was also delicious. We finished with awesome vegan cakes - a chocolate brownie and berry cheesecake - which we shared. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was very tranquil and conducive to a wonderfully relaxed lunch.

Pros: Delicious food, Tranquil atmosphere, Vegan and organic

Vegan Cafe in Macclesfield - Edit

I am so excited that there is now a vegan cafe in Macclesfield, which previously really didn't have anything for vegans to eat at.
The Button Warehouse is tucked away behind other shops, but can get to it either from Chestergate or Churchill way. The cafe is beautifully set out, with bare brick and stone walls, wooden floor, and lovely old wooden chairs and tables of different styles.
The staff are very friendly, you order at the counter and they bring your food/drink over to you. They were also particularly nice about asking if I wanted another drink when my friend arrived.
The menu seems to have 2 or 3 hot main courses which are written up on a blackboard and changed while we were there (something finished so something else was put on). There was also soup and salad.
The cakes were raw type, one chocolatey/one coconuty.
They have the most extensive range of non-dairy milk I have seen offered in a cafe - oat, hemp, almond, soya, coconut.
My friend and I both had the sauted rainbow chard and mushrooms on rye bread which was really good. Then we shared a coconut lemon cake slice.

Pros: Vegan cafe in Macclesfield!, Original menu with unusual ingredients, Really nice vibe

Return to Macclesfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Button Warehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.