REMOVED: The Buck Inn

( 1 review )

+4401751-474212

Chesnut Ave, Pickering, Thornton Dale, England

Serves meat, vegan options available. A country pub in the village of Thornton Le Dale, Yorkshire. Serves vegetarian chickpea sweet potato and spinach curry with rice and kidney beans and a sweet potato burger with chips and onion rings. Vegans ask for no mayo and to please omit the naan bread for the curry. Is also a traditional inn. Removed: Change of ownership reported April 2017, no vegan options and limited vegetarian.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, British, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Schulie

Fair choice for veggies - Edit

We found the Buck Inn to have friendly, welcoming staff and our dogs were welcome in the bar area.
There was a lot more choice on the menu for vegetarians than for vegans, although perhaps if I'd asked I'd have found there was more on offer - I stuck with one of the two choices made clear on Happy Cow and went for sweet potato burger and chips, no mayo.
The portion size was absolutely massive, so no complaints there. It wasn't the best veggie burger I've ever had but was good nonetheless. The chips and onion rings were really tasty, although my partner felt that the onion rings were too crisp (he hates the texture of onion). If you're not a fan of onion you may struggle with the bun which the burger came in, which was onion ciabatta.
It's worth remembering before you go in that this is a countryside pub and the decor may be offensive to some - I turned a blind eye to the framed shotgun casings, fly fishing hook thingies etc... then a mounted fox head caught my eye. If you can put your blinkers on, then this is really a pleasant place to grab a bite and a drink, especially in an area where many of the cafes and takeaways specialise in fish and chips.

Pros: Vegan food available, Friendly atmosphere, Dogs welcome

Cons: Meat also served, Hunting type decor

Has REMOVED: The Buck Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.