The Breadfruit and Rum Bar

Contact 602-267-1266

108 E Pierce St, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85004

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers healthier dinners without the use of microwaves, fryers, or canned-goods. Uses locally grown organic produce when available. At least 1 vegan item.

Category: Lacto, Organic, Caribbean, Jamaican, Non-veg

First Review by solarkismet

Jamaican Me Hungry - Edit

Not sure why The Breadfruit and Rum Bar is listed on a vegetarian website, but if you're dining with meat lovers then this spot is definitely a trendy and flavorful choice.

I promise you will burn through cash pretty fast and not get as much as you think you should, but where the restaurant lacks in quantity it excels in quality.

The food is fresh, very tasty, and most of all memorable.

Veggie dishes include:
plantain appetizer
salad
tofu entree

Pros: Memorable food, Back patio with large seats for lounging

Cons: Tight parking, Need GPS, hard to give directions, Little quantity

Unique and delicious - Edit

I was surprised to read such a bad review here. I have been to Breadfruit many times and have never felt like they were pushy or greedy. This is a very small place and the staff is very friendly. All of their juices are $4 or less, fresh, and delicious. We have tried most everything on the menu (I went there as an omnivore too) and loved it. Although the parking right in front is metered (during the day), if you are willing to walk a block or two there is free parking elsewhere.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, unique

Cons: small

Wouldn't go back - Edit

You know those people you instantly don't like? They don't even have to say anything, and you already know. That's kind of how I felt walking into this place. It was way overpriced for what you get and how muh it costs them to make it. Also, come with a firm grip on your wallet, as the server tried to upsell my husband and I at every bend! I rejected all of his $6 carrot juices and $8 desserts, but he ended up tricking me into getting bread with my $7 room temperature soup (two measley sweet pencil-esque breadsticks), so there was another secret $3.50. I imagined him laughing to himself over that Victory. My husband got the coconut tofu, and it was nothing you couldn't make at home. It's not that I'm a cheapskate, but I don't like feeling like i'm at a used car lot when I'm paying $40 for a mediocre lunch in the first place. Also, there's only metered parking, so bring some coins.

Pros: The paintings were nice.

Cons: Server is a douche, Food was ok, Yougo not get what you (over)pay for

Unique Haven - Edit

Pleasant, tasteful spot, on the edge of Downtown. Not big, but stylish and welcoming. Creative Jamaican crossover menu, at moderate prices. Friendly staff.

Pros: Interesting menu, Tasteful atmosphere

Cons: Little hard to find

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Breadfruit and Rum Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2262 times since Nov 2009.