The Bowllery

940-383-2695

901 Ave C Ste 101, Denton, Texas, USA, 76201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened Nov 2012, this place offers rice bowls, soba noodle bowls, and salads packed with fresh vegetable, nuts, and/or seaweed. Has fresh vegetable and fruit juices as well. Modern, clean design with Wi-Fi access. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Laaurenee

I would give 5 stars if this app let me - Edit

This is one of the best places I have ever been to. Over half the menu is vegan. There are so many choices of bowls, sandwiches, and soups. So much of the food is organic and fair trade, and its cooked with lots of fresh veggies. Lots of their dishes feature superfoods like kale and chia seeds. My husband got the sweet potato noodle bowl with marinated tofu, I tried it and the sauce was delicious! I got the tempeh bahn mi sandwich which tasted like a pad Thai flavor explosion in between two pieces of French bread. The sand which was a little dry but I got a side of vegan mayo and it was perfect! We split the falafel balls for an appetizer which were super crunchy on the outside and warm and "meaty" on the inside. For dessert we tried the matcha ice cream and kale waffle which was surprisingly sweet and satisfying. You can't really taste the kale at all so the waffle was warm and fluffy, the matcha flavor was spot on but not overpowering like some can be. The smoothies and lattes are delicious too. Overall it was an excellent dining experience and the staff was super friendly and polite. The decor was very hipster/vintage and there was even an art gallery in the back.

Pros: great food and lots of vegan options , organic non gmo fair trade , atmosphere is relaxing

deserves 5 stars - Edit

TONS of vegan options - more than just bowls! Even has vegan pizzas, burgers, raw pad Thai salad, soups, smoothies... tons of options. I got the Gobi bowl which was this brown rice bowl with cauliflower chickpeas peas sprouts carrots and curry sauce - DELICIOUS. Sprinkled their ( I think homemade) sriacha sauce on it too. Perfect!!

Great birthday meal - Edit

Update: We went for another birthday meal for my husband. Another great meal! Definitely check this place out if you're ever around the University of North Texas!

I wanted to get out of our routine of going to the same location for special day meals. I chose the Bowllery for my birthday and I'm so glad I did! First, the atmosphere is eclectic and so much fun. The chairs, benches, etc are all mismatched and there are different salt and pepper shakers on each table. There were 5 of us for dinner. 2 people ordered smoothies, 1 person ordered the orange mint lemonade, I had a choco nutte and my mother was boring and had water! They were all very tasty and not overly sweet. For the main dishes we had the Quinoa Falafel burger (it has a little bit of a kick to it); the Taj pizza (interesting crust!); The Omm bowl (my picky 17 year old loved it!); The Vair-Day bowl (too much oil) and the Souper bowl (my 15 year old devoured it!). Besides there being too much oil on the Vair-Day we all greatly enjoyed our meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The prices are comparable to the other "speciality" restaurants we've been to.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 18, 2015

Pros: Ambiance, Food, Drink

Cons: Too much oil on the Vair-Day bowl

Wonderful! - Edit

I really love this place. Their lentil soup is amazing (tastes like chicken soup to me, which is good because I'm newly vegetarian and have some cravings). Cute environment, super sweet staff, and wonderful food. Great vegetarian options. They have fresh juice too!! I was excited about that. ❤

Pros: friendly staff, good vegetarian options, nice atmosphere

Cons: none

Return to Denton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Bowllery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.