CLOSED: The Borough

Contact 919-832-8433

317 W Morgan St (at Dawson), Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, 27601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan choices are made without cheese or seasoning on the fries and include corn salsa, mock chicken nachos, mock jerk chicken sandwich, a spinach burger, and a black bean burger. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Mon-Sun 4:00pm-2:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by supertramp

Best fries :) - Edit

The Borough doesn't have the most veg options, but I am in love with the atmosphere, late hours, and the consistently best fries I've had in Raleigh.

My favorite is the black bean burger, which is vegan sans a few toppings. You also need to specify to make the fries vegan as well (as noted on the menu), but I've never had an issue with this or a server who looked confused by the word "vegan." I used to get the vegan jerk chicken, but I have found the spice level varies. The servers can usually tell you if it's very spicy that day.

One of the times I was there they had a vegan dessert option (pie!) and that made me very happy. In a perfect world, that would happen more often. I also wish The Borough would carry Daiya cheese so more of their vegetarian options could be offered vegan (I'm looking at you, nachos), but at this point I like my go-to bean burger and fries enough to keep returning.

Pros: Amazing good fries! Such fries! Wow!, Great atmosphere, Late hours

Cons: No vegan cheese--maybe one day!, Few vegan options

Return to Raleigh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Borough closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2048 times since Dec 2012.