The Blue Iguana

Contact 801-533-8900

165 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food with some lacto-vegetarian dishes including chimichangas and burritos. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by MarekArawn

best Mexican in salt lake for vegetarians - Edit

I always get the Blue Iguana tacos, no cheese. It's seriously the best, but I would like to try out other veganized options as well, because I'm certain they are amazing.

Horrible experience!! Steer clear. - Edit

First, let me point out that BLUE Iguana is in no way affiliated with RED Iguana. RED = Rad, BLUE = Bad. I went here for dinner with my 2 kids. The place was busy with people from a conference. We waited in their waiting area for a table - uncomfortable wooden chairs covered in falling apart leather, and located right next to the restrooms. The menu has a vegetarian section, but none of the items are vegan. It is a section of items with grilled veggies, or beans, etc - which you can find at any Mexican restaurant. You still need to leave off the cheese and sour cream, etc like any other restaurant. Nothing special here. We ordered some chips and guacamole, a kids meal, and an enchilada plate. The food was bland, and some of the chips were soggy with grease. The service was the worst I've had ever. Slow, inattentive, and rude. They have a kids menu, but they don't have kids cups (with lids), so my 2-year old ended up spilling a drink twice on the table. No big deal, but I cleaned it up myself with the few napkins we had. No staff ever offered a towel, or extra napkins, or another drink etc. Maybe they didn't notice. Waited forever for our bill, and then got overcharged (charged $2 for drink that was part of the kids meal). When I noticed and nicely pointed it out, the server argued with me and told me it was right. I had to ask him get a copy of the menu to show him that the drink was included. He took my card and receipt, and after about 10 more minutes he came back and told me there was nothing he could do because he'd already ran the ticket and that I could leave him less tip. We were so sick of being there at that time, I didn't contact a manager. I will never go back though. I think the only reason they are in business is because it is in a good downtown location, and unknowing tourists wander in. Luckily - you are reading this and will know to go somewhere else.

Pros: Location

Cons: Rude inattentive staff, Bland food, Overcharged and

meh - Edit

Cabbage, peas, shredded carrots in my vegan chimichanga? I felt like I was eating a big soggy egg roll.

Pros: one pro is that the steps were so icy I really did

Cons: soggy chimichanga

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Blue Iguana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.