CLOSED: The Bloomsbury Cafe

Contact 01225-482680

15 New Bond Street, Bath, Bath, England, BA1 1BA

Cafe located above Bloomsbury shop and access is via stairs at back. Reduced menu and with limited vegan options. Menu includes cakes, soup, salads, sandwiches and wraps. Under new management and previously named Metropolitan Cafe. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Lacto, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by aclasse

Great Veggie Cafe - Edit

Visited here after discovering the Porter Pub now serves meat and I wanted a pure veggie lunch as I was starving! Thanks to this site I found this gem of a veggie cafe. Had a lovely ciabatta with salad and followed this with an awesome brownie. Will now be my number one veggie lunch venue.

Pretty good - bit limited for vegans - Edit

Went here with my boyfriend (he's veggie, I'm vegan), and it's a cute little place, hidden upstairs in a shop. The menu is great if you're vegetarian, but most things had cheese in it. I found a humous, alfalfa sprout and cucumber sandwich which was pretty good, but the staff seem to have limited knowledge on vegan food (when I checked it was vegan before ordering, the lady looked panicked and had to ask 3 colleagues, one of whom had an answer rather than a shrug of the shoulders!) and I thought it was a shame they had so many nice looking cakes and none are marked vegan (I didn't bother to ask after the sandwich conversation!). But the place itself was really nice, and as a vegan it's nice to go somewhere and have a sandwich without too much trauma! So I think I'd definitely recommend it to vegetarians, and possibly to vegans too.

Pros: cute place, nice atmosphere, good for vegetarians

Cons: not too vegan friendly, quite small so might not get a table

Dissappointingly Trendy. - Edit

Fine for vegetarians I guess, but I'm a vegan and had to have their one vegan option, Humous and sprouts in a green wrap. Although this was nice, this hot, sweaty little cafe doesn't show any..ethic at all, seeming instead to be entirely vegetarian for the trend.

Perhaps not the best for vegans - Edit

This place seems quite pleasant, and they interesting stuff on the menu that seemed as if it could have been adapted for vegans, but unfortunately they weren't able to (perhaps because the sandwich fillings etc had already been made). The sandwich-assembler shouted this information across the room when I tried to ask for a wrap with something left out, in what I thought was an unnecessarily emphatic way! So I didn't feel too welcome, and ended up with a hummus sandwich which was fine but unexciting (I could also have had tapenade). Somewhere like the Porter Bar is probably a better bet if you're vegan.

Pros: Interesting menu

Cons: Vegans can't have much of it!

Return to Bath Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Bloomsbury Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.