The Bleeding Carrot

• Vegetarian
Contact 519-270-8570

945 2nd Ave E (at 10th St E ), Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada, N4K 2H5

A vegetarian sit-down juice bar/restaurant in downtown serving a number of vegan and vegetarian dishes including soups, quesadillas, wraps, salads and a couple of raw desserts, along with juices and smoothies.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by JillUmbach

Yummy - Edit

Really enjoyed lunch at the Bleeding Carrot yesterday ... The burritos were yummy, while the naanwich also looked great. Lots of good things on the menu to try next time!

Pros: Friendly, Healthy, Delicious

A Veggie Oasis - Edit

After a few days of roaming around southern Ontario it was a real treat to find the Bleeding Carrot in Owen Sound. The menu had lots of tempting options, and the food was delicious and healthy.

I will wish we had a restaurant like this in my Toronto neighbourhood.

Pros: All the veggie staples, Great service, Good prices

Great menu for a small town - Edit

Travelling around rural Ontario I've adjusted my expectations when it comes to finding healthy plant-based foods. What a treat the bleeding carrot is! A respectable menu of delicious juices and smoothies. I went twice and ate their peanut stew and grilled veggie wrap and both were delish.

Pros: Well priced, Nice smoothies and juices, Friendly staff

Not bad - Edit

Today was my first time at the bleeding carrot and overall it was a good experience. The service was good but not great and the wait for our food was a little long. Was it worth the wait? Sort of. I ordered the falafel pita with a side of chips and salsa. The sauce was not spread all throughout the pita, it was just a glob in the middle and the salsa was from a jar. There were some desserts at the cash register which looked delicious but the staff had no idea what they were when I asked! I will return to try other menu items but I have defiantly been to better veg restaurants.

Pros: Healthy food, Friendly staff, Good portion size

Cons: Long wait for food, Un knowledgable staff , Poor decor

Two words: Awe.. Some... - Edit

I haven't had anything here that wasn't awesome. And I always try what my wife is having too. I keep suggesting they should add a bacon and egg breakfast to the menu, but apparently that's not in the spirit of the thing. But that's fine, what they do have is exceptional. The black bean and rice salad was my friend in dark times, and I'll always be grateful. The apple cider was so fresh tasting it reminded me of walking in the forest in the fall and hammering the taps into the apple trees. The wall-size mural of the gigantic carrot in distress took me back to the Seventies. In a good way. And that right there... "in a good way"... that IS the spirit of the thing.

Pros: best food ever

Cons: no bacon, just kidding, no cons

Return to Owen Sound Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Bleeding Carrot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2173 times since Oct 2012.