The Beer Plant

Contact 512-524-1800

3110 Windsor Rd, Austin, Texas, USA, 78703

Vegan gastropub offering a plant-based menu alongside craft beer, wine and cocktails. Features 40 beers on tap. Farmhouse pub atmosphere. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by veggie_htx

Many wrinkles to iron out - Edit

I like the concept and menu, but the service was really lacking. We came in around happy hour and waited more than 5 minutes at the host stand before anyone came to greet us. The restaurant was half empty, and servers, hosts, and bartenders were milling around the whole time, but no one thought to seat us (or even acknowledge our existence).

We finally got seated outside, but we sat for ten minutes with one drink menu and one food menu before the waitress came to take our drink orders. Unsurprisingly, we weren't ready to order, as our party of eight had trouble using a single set of menus. The waitress apologized and said she would be right back with more menus.

Unfortunately, that took another 15 minutes (no exaggeration!), so by that time we were able to cobble together our orders. The food also came out slowly and staggered. Everyone had scarfed down their appetizers and entrees before my sister even received her meal. I think we even got a second round of buffalo cauliflower wings before she got to dig in.

I don't want to be too harsh on our server (perhaps she's new). Plus, it wasn't just her - the entire service experience fell short for us.

I really wanted to like this place, but I'm quite discouraged and disappointed. They definitely have some wrinkles to iron out. I might give them another try if I'm feeling adventurous and have a lot of time on my hands. After all, the food was actually pretty good when we finally got it.

Pros: Nice selection, Good food

Cons: Slow service, Inattentive

good food - Edit

Really good food and adorable decor but definitely lacks on the customer service side of things . They made mistake with a cocktail we ordered and just kinda shrugged it off when we tried to mention it . Will go back but will probably just stay at the bat and get some appetizers

Pros: food, cute decor

Cons: pricey, not customer satisfaction oriented

Hells ya! - Edit

40 beers on tap?! All vegan menu??!! Yes please, The Beer Plant does not disappoint when it comes to food or drinks, the buffalo cauliflower wings were divine and the grilled veg'n cheese was delicious! If you're in Austin and into vegan food or beer, this should be a mandatory visit!!

Pros: ALL VEGAN!!, Great food, Ridiculously friendly servers

Cons: only open for dinner on weekdays (for now)

Our new favorite! - Edit

Everything we've tried here is delicious and the atmosphere is fun - dim, with candles but still full with a low rumble of conversations. The place is loud but still seems intimate. The staff are also great! Great beer selection!

Pros: All vegan deliciousness!, Mostly local rotating beer selection! (More than , Virtually everything is made in house! We're talk

Cons: Can be a bit of a wait at supper time but bar seat

Delicious vegan gastropub favorites :) - Edit

There has been a lot of hype surrounding the opening of The Beer Plant, Austin's first vegan gastropub. The inside is on the smaller side, with flickering candles and dark colors. I sat at the long wooden bar, and ordered the small Ploughman's plate and the Hop's and Chips. The Ploughman's is a vegan charcuterie with seitan, garlic butter, nut cheese, tomato chutney, pickled veg and sourdough bread. This was absolutely amazing...there were 3 types of cheese and the spicy one was the best thing on the plate. This was such a treat to have this popular pub platter made vegan! The Hop's and chips were hearts of palm in a light beer batter (made wth local ATX brewery beer Pearl Snap) deep fried (it also came with crispy fries and an awesome flavorful remoulade). I didn't order any drinks, but they have taps upon taps of craft beers! Overall, this was some great food and I highly recommend it!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Beer Plant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.