CLOSED: The Bean Store - Vo Van Tan

Contact 39295678

399 Vo Van Tan, Q.3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fusion cafe with an emphasis on soy milk drinks and food, e.g. matcha soy milk, soy milk frappuccino, soya pudding. Offers a separate vegetarian menu with various tofu dishes. Confirmed closed January 2017.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Asian, Fusion, Singaporean, Non-veg

First Review by Kimxula

good stop for dessert - Edit

We stopped here. The ice cream is vegan but they didn't have any the day I went. I got a pandan pudding and coffee milkshake(?). The Taiyaki is not vegan as it contains egg, but it looked really delicious.

Cute atmosphere and easy to find. Fair price

Updated from previous review on Monday February 01, 2016

Pros: many flavors

Cons: few vegan option, options change daily

might be closing soon - Edit

We went back after one year (since last time) and unfortunately they don't have much left in the menu more then coffee and a couple of dessert options (ice cream and bean curd).

Very sad to see since last time we were there it was full of cakes and other vegan stuff...

Pros: delicious soft soy ice cream

American style - Edit

They offer a big variety of soy drinks and cheese cakes (of which the waitress said they were vegan - if she really understood the question right). The drinks were good, about the cake my boyfriend and I could not come to an agreement: he liked it, me not really. The whole restaurant is furnished in american style, and even the beans come from america - which I find is kind of far away. And I missed the vietnamese charme.

Pros: Friendly waiters, Big variety of soy drinks

Cons: No vietnamese touch, Soy beens from US (GMO?!)

Nice soy based drinks - Edit

My friend and I went for dinner at The Bean Store after wondering around Vo Van Tan and the sign caught our eye.

It's a cute little place with a focus on soy based drinks, Japanese 'taiyaki' (fish-shaped pancakes with bean paste and other fillings) and 'takoyaki' (non-veg - octopus balls).

I was glad to see a separate veggie menu - I had the stir fried tofu with almond and rice and a matcha green tea soy milk. The drink was lovely (I think the soy milk is made fresh daily) but the tofu wasn't that great - too salty for me, probably had MSG in it.

I would go back for a soy drink, but probably won't go back for the food, as the veggie menu isn't extensive and on Vo Van Tan you are spoilt for choice regarding veg restaurants, with Prem Bistro, Am Thuc Chay Mani and Hum all on the same street!

Pros: Cute decor, Good drinks, Separate veg menu

Cons: Salty food (MSG?), Limited veg menu

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Bean Store - Vo Van Tan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.