The Beached Lamb Cafe

Contact 07855775782

72/74 Fore St, Newquay, Newquay, England, TRY1EY

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quirky cafe in Newquay en route to famous surf beach Fistral. Has a Thai inspired chill-out lounge and cafe with reggae music. Owner is vegan, and the menu includes many veg dishes such as scrambled tofu breakfast with dairy-free spread on toast, avocado and falafel sandwich, houmous and falafel platter, soy latte, vegan shakes made with soy ice cream and fresh fruits. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by manju

Amazing vegan breakfast! - Edit

Five stars.

Came here on a Saturday for breakfast, and the vegan breakfast was a delight. The mix of foods was welcomed and the addition of hummus was something that went with the rest of the meal! Would definitely recommend to others in the area if visiting.

Pros: Delicious , Friendly staff , Welcoming

5*! - Edit

Happy cow only allows me to rate 4 stars for a 'non' veggie restaurant otherwise I would have chosen 5! There's plenty of options for veggie and vegan eaters menu is clearly labeled. Found it hard to choose I wanted it all!

We settled on vegan nachos and 'foxy roxy' (I think that's what it was called) wrap which was a falafel wrap with homemade beetroot and horseradish relish. I was reluctant due to the horseradish but it wasn't overpowering at all and the wrap was beautiful! Great presentation too.

The nachos contained homage veggie chilli again not too spicy (which I often find the case with vegan food) but definitely not lacking in flavour! The hummus must have been homemade too and it was lovely!
(I've added pictures of our food too)

Throughly enjoyed it all we washed it down with some fresh juice and finished it off with some vegan chocolate fudge cake (much to the delight of my chocolate loving bf).

The place itself was very quirky but homely, walls filled with beautiful art which was also for sale and a cosy section in the back. I overheard they were having a refit so will be checking it out next time we come down from London (I can't wait!).

The staff were great very friendly and happy we felt very welcomed and had a good chuckle when I explained I had managed to add a picture of my cat when attempting to add pictures of my food! Ops!

Overall I would definitely recommend the place and will be returning! ;)

Pros: Great vegan food , Good prices, Lovely environment

Cons: location (for them - a little tucked away)

A fun, quirky cafe with delicious vegan options - Edit

A lovely lunch - we had the amazing vegan nachos and a super salad, followed by vegan carrot cake. The service was slow but I think they were having a bad day and the staff were very apologetic

Cosy place but I did not like my food - Edit

We recently went to the Beached Lamb Cafe (it IS open until 10 pm, by the way!), and I am afraid I have to write a mixed review.
The atmosphere is relaxed, cosy and friendly, with lots of artwork all around (you can also buy prints and originals, as well as handmade jewellery), the staff was very friendly, but my food was a disappointment. I did not like my starter, which was a camembert: it was neither heated nor did it have the expected cumbly crust (well, nobody promised there would be one, but this is the way I used to have it), but my main course was even worse - I ordered the fajitas which came without any sauce (neither guacamole nor sour cream nor any red or spicy sauce), so it was very dry, and it was sooo salty (they obviously used a lot of the fajita mix which is, when you overuse it and by lack of any other liquid, rather salty than spicy). I just managed to eat it beacuse I had ordered a big glass of water AND I was really hungry. On top of it all, it came on a soup plate, so no way you could roll up the fajita. Admittedly, other people in my party were luckier with their food (Ramen noodles), so apparently, it very much depends on what you order and what you expect. Maybe I shouldn't have expected mexicann food to taste as if I was at a real mexican restaurant.
Anyway, when I told the waiter that I did not really like it, he remained friendly and event thanked me for my critical remark, so chances are they will try even harder in the future.

Pros: relaxed atmosphere, friendly people

Cons: fajitas far too salty

Awesome! - Edit

We visited the beached lamb twice during our holiday in May 2013 and absolutely loved it! The staff are friendly and very helpful, the atmosphere is relaxed even during peak times and they have a great range of food for vegans. We had our 2 young children with us and the staff gave them toys and colouring books to keep them entertained. When visiting be sure to have one of their soya milkshakes, you will not regret it!

Pros: Great food, Lovely staff, Relaxing atmosphere

Cons: I have to travel 8 hours to get there ;)

A lovely place to find in Newquay - Edit

A fantastic little place serving great food. In our party, we had a vegan (me), a vegetarian and two omnivores, all of whom loved their meals. It was amazing also to have a vegan milkshake in a restaurant, something I've never had before! Everyone was satisfied, and the decor inside was charming. Will definitely be going again when I'm back in Newquay.

Pros: vegan milkshakes, great food, good value

Cons: no toilets

Oasis of veganity by the sea - Edit

I went to Newquay thinking that there would be vegan food as far as the eye can see - it's a hip young town, isn't it, after all? After trawling the highstreets and bystreets lined with cheap burger stalls, I found out about this haven of deliciousness on Fore St and all my prayers were answered. A rich and varied vegan diet and a lovely staff make this the most welcoming little caff in town. Would highly recommend to any other ethical surfer types!

Awesome little cafe. - Edit

We're regular visitors to Newquay and thrilled to have found The Beached Lamb. If you're looking for a relaxed rasta-inspired atmosphere, super friendly owners, gluten-free (ticks our box), vegan, veggie, or meaty food (nothing gourmet but straight-up tasty nosh) then this is your spot. I hope they do really well - I'll be back popping back for a soya peanut smoothie next time for sure!

Return to Newquay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Beached Lamb Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.