The Barn

( 1 review )
+44-1524-793533

The Square, Scorton, England, PR3 1AU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Encompasses a gift shop, restaurant, bar and small garden centre. Offers daily vegan specials such as Buddha bowl, red lentil and chickpea masala burger with gin & tonic rings, Thai pumpkin laksa, jerk jackfruit wrap with avocado slaw, and baba ganoush. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-4:30pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Bakery, British, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Veganolive1

Creative Vegan Options - Edit

We have wanted to visit The Barn for ages, after seeing various fabulous vegan dishes, they keep posting on Facebook. Yesterdays post suggested that jerk jackfruit wrap, avocado slaw, black bean and mango salsa and fries was dish of the day, I rang to confirm, then jumped in the car.

My husband and I both ordered the jerk jackfruit, with the salsa on the side, so I could swap mine for hubby's slaw, as I am allergic to black beans.

The whole meal was excellent, delicious jackfruit full of flavour, loved the idea of using avocado instead of mayo in the slaw, crisp fries and hubby demolished two portions of the black bean and mango salsa, so that says it all. I love they cater for vegans and not just some token boring salad, but well thought out dishes.
Chef Richard who is responsible for all the wonderful creative vegan dishes, he is doing a great job and I will definitely be returning.

I also found some vegan treats in the gift shop, like vegan chocolate and Kendal mint cake.

Pros: Vegan Options, Vegan friendly

Return to Scorton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Barn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.