The Bald Strawberry Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 321-409-0089

1248 Sarno Rd, Melbourne, Florida, USA, 32935

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gluten free restaurant, casual and quaint. Has vegan Daiya cheese, sometimes vegan baked goods (call ahead), and the kitchen will modify items to suit requests. Small menu with salads, waffle pizzas, and waffle sandwiches--the waffle, which is vegan, is used like bread. Moved from 2011 Melbourne Ct.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Farmaroundthebend

Fair vegan baked goods. - Edit

I've never eaten at the actual cafe, but I have been to the bakery several times. I have tried a variety of their vegan baked goods and thought they were good until I discovered what good vegan baked goods taste like at other places!! The stuff doesn't taste awful, just has a weird taste to it because everything is gluten free. I've had WAY better vegan sweets. The staff is very friendly.

Delightful Surprise - Edit

From the unique atmosphere to the excellent service to the fresh & tasty food, this place was a delightful surprise in the middle of a strip mall!

Unlike other reviewers, I found the portions to be just the right size for lunch, and if one were still hungry I'd suggest stopping by the Bald Strawberry bakery (just a few doors down) for dessert!

I had the Big V, a pile of veggies, black bean hummus and avocado slices between two waffles. It was fresh and flavorful, absolutely delicious.

I will definitely be visiting The Bald Strawberry again, especially since the owners are adding beer, wine and live music to the mix!

Pass on this place. Expensive, tiny portions, yuck - Edit

We went here for lunch last week. I ordered a spinach strawberry salad with almonds. It was $10 and served in a regular cereal bowl. It was tiny. It was also all almonds. I crunched my way through it for a while, but when my jaw started to hurt, I gave up and scooped them all out. Daughter had a pizza for $10 that was the size of an eggo waffle. Son had a hummus sandwich on their waffles. He said it was ok. They were less than happy about accommodating our requests to leave items off or change things. I reasoned that since the pizza comes with two different kinds of cheeses, we should be able to substitute easily. No, she wanted to charge an extra $2.00 to put two extra vegetables on in place of the cheeses. Do yourself a favor, pass on this place. Server was mad we asked for changes. Almost forgot, there is no sign on this place, so finding it was very difficult.

Cons: Tiny portions, Extremely expensive, Surly server

Terrific Vegan/Gluten Free - Edit

My vegan/gluten free daughter and I stopped at the Bald Strawberry and we had a wonderful dinner. The restaurant is family owned and operated and obvious care and love goes in to every detail. They own the gluten free bakery two doors down as well and brought us dessert from the bakery -which was closed- at the end of our meal. I had the ham & cheese sandwich which was served on a crisp waffle and my gluten free vegan daughter had an entire menu of options to choose from. Lunch was absolutely delicious.

Pros: Chef is owner of restaurant, Excellent food, Great menu for vegans

awesome!! - Edit

Wonderful! We got a salad, the organic herb pizza & the Sweet Daydream sandwich all slightly modified to be vegan and they were AMAZING! The staff/owner/chef....everyone we met- all SO nice and accommodating and super friendly. Glad we got off I-95 N on our loooong road trip to check this place out! We live in TN but will definitely go back when in Florida again. GREAT PLACE!

Pros: vegan waffles, tons of gluten free, friendly staff

Cons: Serves meat, balsamic vinaigrette non-vegan

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Bald Strawberry Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1977 times since Jun 2013.