CLOSED: The Back Room Deli

• Vegetarian

Contact 507-289-9061

1001 6th St. NW (at 11th Ave NW), Rochester, Minnesota, USA, 55901

Part of The Good Food Store. Pre-made food with a hot bar, salad bar, and cooler. Vegan option available. MARCH 2013 confirmed shut down.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out

First Review by pinkr0bot

Good but hidden! - Edit

The Back Room Deli is actually just a corner of The People's Food Co-op, so if you're from out of town and looking for a sign there really isn't one. Visiting Rochester with my daughter, who is vegetarian and hard to please, this turned out to be a favorite spot. She loved the Awesome Wraps! Prices a little higher than a burger joint but food was great.

Pros: Good food, Several options

Cons: Hard to find , Slightly pricy

Best in town. - Edit

The back room deli is the most veg friendly restaurant in Rochester. The food is all home made and (dispute what the original entry says) is all vegan. The serve homemade veggie burgers, grilled tofu sandwiches and daily specials. In addition the have smoothies and desserts. To balance out all this praise, the hours are limited and it is a bit pricy. However, you get what you pay for. I hope to work at this fine establishment one day.

Pros: Delicious, Animal free, Whole foods

Cons: Bit pricy, Limited hours

very good! - Edit

my boyfriend and i had the spelt burger and the oat? burger with the vegan potato salad. very good. the store also had carob chocolate bars, which was really interesting to me!

Pros: great food, friendly service

Cons: small

Soooo delicious!! - Edit

I am moving from Rochester and this is the place I am going to miss the most (besides my house and my family)!!! I LOVE the cajun tofu wrap, spicy spelt burger, salads, African peanut soup, and so many other things. Now they have lunch specials everyday which makes it even more difficult to decide what I want to eat!

Pros: food is excellent, friendly staff, healthy food

Cons: not too much seating

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Back Room Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 367 times since Aug 2007.