The Angry Baker - King Ave

614-817-1778

247 King Ave, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43201

Serves meat, vegan options available. 2nd location of this bakery cafe. Vegan choices include pancake, french toast, biscuit & gravy, sandwich, wrap, salad. Vegan baked goods change daily. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by doctorcarpenter

Tasty Brunch Spot! - Edit

Stopped at The Angry Baker one Sunday afternoon and was quickly seated at the bar, despite how busy the restaurant was. It looked like they had lots of vegan options on the menu but I was feeling extra voracious so I ordered what sounded like the biggest item on the menu- the knife and fork burrito. I told the waiter I'm vegan and he happily subbed tofu for egg and put in my food order sans cheese.

The atmosphere is cool and the staff was friendly enough, and they didn't bother me too much as I read my book. I enjoyed checking out the stuff they had behind the bar and I thought it was pretty funny that they were playing Thomas the Tank Engine silently on the TV to the soundtrack of rock music.

The food was nicely spicy and hit the spot. I also ordered a juice that came in a tiny little glass and didn't taste that fresh, unfortunately. After eating my meal, I stepped next door to check out the bakery and I was so excited to learn that most of their desserts were vegan! I got a delicious, heavy sticky bun to go and tossed it in my bike's basket for the trip home.

I ate it literally, like, the instant I got there. Worth it.

Pros: Nice bar space, Great pastries, Easy vegan substitutions

Cons: Crowded space, Small beverage sizes

They're working on getting better! - Edit

When I first tried The Angry Baker on King, I really loved it! The coffee was great and so was their breakfast. The Rueben was amazing! But since then, I've had a few bad experiences. Here are a few:

- While eating breakfast at the bar, some of the workers were very blatantly fighting behind the bar. It was very inappropriate in front of their costumers.
- On a holiday, my boyfriend called to make sure they were still open, they said yes we will be open until 3pm. We showed up at 2pm and they had locked their doors but we could see the workers just sitting inside.
- Within the past few months they have opened the King location for dinner. I was there the first night they did this and it was great. Since then, when I've tried it, it has been not good at all. The dishes have not been consistent and I've not been able to finish my plate because it's tasted so bad.

**I recently went back for their lunch and their reuben, which I've gotten in the past was just impeccable. Their lunch seems to be of a much higher standard than their dinner. I'm sure in a few months time everything will be great!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-21

Pros: coffee, soy milk, Vegan Friendly

Cons: food, workers

Get the seitan wings ! - Edit

My family had dinner at Angry Baker recently, and had such a great experience. The staff was really nice and attentive. We really enjoyed everything that we ordered especially the seitan wings! The mushroom po boy was fantastic, too!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Nice staff

amazing! - Edit

Hubby had oyster mushroom po boy. I had pumpkin oat pancakes. Stopped by bakery counter for vegan power cookies and vegan muffins. Can't say more about the food and the service. Love this place.

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Angry Baker - King Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.