The Angry Baker - Olde Towne East

Contact 614-947-0976

891 Oak St, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43205

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little bakery cafe with vegan choices including pancake, tofu scramble, wrap, sandwich, biscuit & gravy, french toast, salad. Vegan baked goods change daily. Mon-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Hwyk

A gem in Old Towne East - Edit

While this restaurant is not entirely vegan, everything is clearly labeled. Plenty of vegan and gluten-free options on the menu (changes seasonally).The Tex Mex wrap is really delicious, as well add their vegan Ruben! In their case, they offer fresh in-house made baked goods, along with vegan donuts from Destination Donuts. This is a great place to bring friends for brunch!

Pros: Great vegan options

Cons: Shortened hours

Vegan brunch 7 days a week! - Edit

After living in a number of cities where vegan brunch: tofu scramble, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, etc. are hard to find, it's awesome to have this available 7 days a week! Delicious food & staff understands veganism very well.

Pros: open 7 days a week, awesome vegan options, vegan donuts on the weekend

Cons: coffee could be better

Good vegan options - Edit

This is one of the first vegan friendly restaurants I have discovered in Columbus. Their tofu wraps and biscuits & mushroom gravy are vegan and tasty! They also tend to have vegan pastries, as well as pancakes. Atmosphere is good, a small coffee shop environment. However, it seems very popular and can get quite crowded on weekends.

Pros: several vegan options, good atmosphere, good coffee

Cons: can be crowded, often have to wait for table

Well-deserved 5 stars (system only allowed 4) - Edit

Amazing vegetarian and vegan options (I love the vegan reuben, with their homemade seitan!), all freshly made and wonderfully spiced and tasty.

I don't get to Columbus much, but when I do, The Angry Baker is a must-do. Thanks to the owner and staff for such healthy, fresh and great food for those of us who don't eat meat.

Veganish - Edit

I'm in town visiting friends and looked for a place where I could have vegan pancakes or waffles. They have several vegan options on the menu. We sat at the bar style table facing the grill. The pancakes were good, a little on the set side, but good. The issue is that they use the same grill for everything so there is high risk for cross contamination. I saw ham so on the grill right after other items and at no point did I see them wipe the grill before putting a food item on grill. Thus is also concerning because they offer some gluten-free items. If you have celiac then dont risk your life!

Pros: The pancakes were tasty. my friends also enjoyed t

Cons: cross-contamination risks

Good Little Local Place - Edit

This is my vegan breakfast place. It's close to home for me. Having said that as a vegan I don't eat breakfast or much. But I love love love the biscuits and gravy and the vegan baked goods. I tied the French Toast once and didn't care for it. The coffee is never ever hot so it's a struggle for me to get others to go with me. I'll update of I ever get to it for lunch.

Pros: Location, Food

Cons: Small, Luke Warm Coffee, Price

yummy - Edit

Great vegan options, the tacos are very flavorful. I used to get the pblt, portobello bacon sammy, but it's not on the new menu

Pros: very vegan friendly , menu is unique and flavorful , alfresco seating

Cons: close 6pm, small/ limited seating, took my fave sammy off menu

small, delicious - Edit

The angry baker has several vegan options. My current favorite is the breakfast scramble sandwich. There is limited seating so plan accordingly. The bakery usually has one or two vegan baked goods available as well. They have soy milk available for the coffee

Pros: great brunch spot

Cons: limited seating

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Angry Baker - Olde Towne East closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1723 times since Apr 2013.