The Almond Tree

Contact 01273737310

109c Dyke Rd, Brighton, England, BN1 3JE

Vegetarian cafe opened Oct 2013. Menu encompasses English classics and Mediterranean tastes. Serves breakfast, sandwiches, Italian dishes, seasonal soups, cakes with vegan and gluten-free options. Free Wi-Fi. As of 2016 no more Sunday roast. Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm Monday holiday hours 10am-4pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, British, English

First Review by jojoinbrighton

Wonderful! - Edit

Such a great place! Really lovely atmosphere with friendly and helpful service.

And the food! I wish I could've had the time to eat here more than once.
I had a large vegan breakfast, my partner had a sausage and red onion marmalade sandwich, and then took a sausage roll, and coconut banana bread piece to go.

It was not only the best breakfast I had in my time in the uk, but it was the best breakfast I've had just in general. Made fresh, literally steaming when it was served and so flavourful!

The baked goods were also superb!

Pros: so fresh, great decor and atmosphere , friendly and helpful service

Cons: if it were all vegan it would've been perfect.

Vegan options - Edit

love this place lots of Vegan options, the staff are all friendly. The soup was amazing. Also the cakes wow!!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 17, 2016

Pros: Vegan, Very friendly staff, price

Cute place with tasty food! - Edit

They have a fair number of vegan dishes as well as breakfasts and sweets. I took the tempa sandwich and the mushroom salad with amazing vegan cheese. Loved it. They have very good coffee and the service is friendly!

Definitely coming back.

Nice lunch, relaxing atmosphere - Edit

We decided to go here for lunch the other day, as we'd never been before. It was nice, and there were lots of choices. Unlike some places, who offer lunch-y things, and dinner-y meals, this was more of a lunch or breakfast place, but that's not a bad thing. My other half had the all-day Vegan breakfast, and I had the toasted polenta W/mushrooms, rocket, garlic pesto, etc. We both had a fresh juice, and we shared a piece of Vegan chocolate cake-all was absolutely delicious! I think it's all reasonably priced, as it was very filling. The Vegan options are clearly labeled, and there is plenty to choose from.

Pros: Plenty of Vegan options, Really lovely food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: It is hard to spot at first, Not a massive place, but some outdoors, Not 100% Vegan

An immediate favourite - Edit

From the outside it looks like a tea shop or greasy spoon cafe. Walk through the sliding door and enter a world of delicious food. Although Vegetarian the number of Vegan and Gluten Free options are impressive. The polenta and home-made vegan cheese are fantastic and the prices are cheap. The thing that should get you through the door though is the cake. I had Vanilla and Coconut today and have tried others before and beside the very generous sizes the taste is intense and I have never eaten moister cake. The staff are very friendly too and there is free wifi too.

Worth a visit any time for any reason. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Pros: Home-made and cheap food, Lots of Vegan and GF options, Friendly Staff

Cons: Easy to walk past it, Not in the town centre

Lovely, cosy, cafe. - Edit

I visited The Almond Tree for the first time a few weeks ago and I loved it. I had a delicious meal (toasted polenta with mushrooms and rocket, my friend had a vegan full english) plus cake and we sampled both their home made vegan cheese and their home made hazelnut spread. Everything was delicious and the couple who run the cafe are super friendly. I'll definitely be going back and I can't wait to try their sunday roast.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Great gluten free options, Homemade vegan cheese

Cons: Small space

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Almond Tree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4782 times since Dec 2013.