CLOSED: The Alchemy Juice Bar Cafe

Contact 860-246-5700

203 New Britain Ave, Hartford, Connecticut, USA, 06106

Serving fresh juices, smoothies, soups, salads, wraps, and live food. Hosts health-related events in the adjacent co-op space such as yoga, belly dance, infrared sauna, organic gardening, raw food demos, community living, and workshops. Also offers a buying club. Eco-friendly and with Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by

We will be going back! - Edit

Friendly people, colorful atmosphere,yummy fresh juices, awesome food and last but not least the best raw cacao sweets ever!

Pros: Everything=)

Cons: very short hours=(

great fresh food - Edit

The meal was great , increadily fresh and well made.
We only wish the portion were a little bigger and the smoothes were not so expensive. $10 smoothes is a aliitle pricey, but oeveall would defeitly recommend and return here myself

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, outdoor and indoor seating

Cons: small portions, Smoothies are a littel expensive to me

A good effort but not great (and pricey, too) - Edit

A lot of people seem very devoted to the Alchemy Juice Bar and Cafe. We stopped here for lunch after touring the state capitol and checking out the Wadsworth Atheneum. While the folks working here were nice, the small portions were disproportionate to their high costs. Check out the photos I've posted. I got the vegan cream of broccoli soup and the Alchemist Wrap, which contained yams, olives, roasted red peppers, avocado, and toasted sesame seeds. The soup was bland and served at room temperature. The wrap was tasty thanks to the toasted sesame seeds, but it wasn't very filling for $8. My husband got the dandelion salad and a special wrap that contained cukes, walnuts, apples, lettuce, and carrots. The salad was refreshing, but his wrap wasn't as good as mine. It was pretty unremarkable and, again, it was not very filling for $8. On the way out, we bought three vegan sweets to split on the way home: a piece of vegan fudge with a goji berry on top, a vegan peanut butter ring ding, and a vegan coconut macaroon. The desserts came to $28 total! While they were tasty, the high price did not seem justifiable to us. The next time we're back in Hartford, we will try out an ethnic restaurant instead of going back to the Alchemy Cafe. That being said, since we like to support places that offer vegan options, I'm glad that we went once and now know what it's like.

Pros: tasty desserts, nice staff, close to Hartford attractions

Cons: expensive, small portions

Heaven in Hartford! - Edit

Alchemy is a destination stop for unique eco-gifts, green products, and a delicious meal. The green smoothy is heavenly! Wonderful people run this place. Enjoy!

Return to Hartford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Alchemy Juice Bar Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 752 times since Aug 2007.