The Addiction Bistro

Contact 323-203-1793

408 N La Cienega Blvd, West Hollywood, California, USA, 90048

Serves meat, vegan options available. Changed name in early 2013; originally named Chili Addiction. Quick service restaurant specializing in chili. Has a separate vegan menu (you have to ask for it) that includes vegan chili, vegan hot dog, vegan chili cheese fries, vegan sausage, vegan nachos, and vegan burger. The hot sauce and ketchup are made from scratch. Casual place, order at the counter and the food is brought to your table. It's next door to Real Food Daily vegan restaurant. Street parking.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Pretty Good - Edit

This place is right next to RFD. It is a Belgian/French style bistro with all homemade ingredients, from their condiments, to their bread, to their pickles and patties.

The food was alright, I enjoyed their pickles and home made condiments the most, but their vegan sausages were pretty good. The price was also pretty good and competitive compared to vegan fare in LA.

The service was friendly and relaxed, but in a good way, not in a slow way. Parking is street and could be tricky at peak hours.

The ambiance is the nicest thing about the restaurant, next to their homemade condiments and pickles :)

Pros: 100% Homemade, Ambiance, Pickles!

Cons: Right next to RFD

Once was enough! - Edit

My husband and I (both vegans) went here with family that eats meat. The vegan hot dog we tried wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't great. The vegan burger was disgusting and we couldn't even take more than one bite each. The vegan ice cream (chocolate & toasted marshmallow flavors) was way too sweet. It tasted like they replaced the dairy with sugar. The truffle fries just tasted like dry garlic fries. I would suggest that you visit another restaurant if you are vegan. Meat eaters seem to enjoy it. I liked their homemade pickles and their ketchup, but the vegan chili was disgusting, just like the vegan burger it came with.

Pros: Food for Vegans & Meat Eaters

Cons: Bad Vegan Food, Location, Lack of Parking

Thanks for the Vegan Menu, But No Thanks - Edit

I do appreciate the fact that there is an entire dedicated vegan menu, but I ordered the vegan Buffalo Burger and it was terrible. Super dry w/ barely any sauce and the toppings were equally as scarce. Considering it's pricey, I think I should be able to taste the toppings. Also, it said all the burgers came with homemade pickles and I didn't get any.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 14, 2014

Pros: vegan menu, helpful staff

Cons: tasteless food, overpriced, no pickles, even though it said included

Many vegan choices - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Chili Addiction review.

It's a little restaurant located right next door to Real Food Daily West Hollywood. The space, while small, fits plenty of seating. You order and pick up your food at the counter. There's a weekly list of chili and usually includes 2 vegan ones.

You have to ask for the vegan menu. It's a list of maybe 10 choices, though I was told that they will make any of the menu flavor/style hot dog using the veggie dog. I suppose you could ask them to use the vegan patty for any of the flavor/style burger. Ask them.

I'm not a chili person cuz I think chili in general is salty, but I got a vegan chili (forgot the name of flavor) and it tasted pretty good. There's definitely TVP (textured vegetable/soy protein) and lots of spices and seasoning. My small container cost $8, which I thought was quite expensive.

If you like chili, then this is a place to check out.

Pros: has vegan

Cons: not cheap

3 bean euphoria! - Edit

If you're ever caught at Real Food Daily with a long line at lunch you can walk a few doors down to Chili Addiction and enjoy some really wonderful vegan options. There's also free parking around the back, just dive in the alley behind trashy lingerie. My fav is the 3 bean euphoria over noodles! chili mac!

Pros: chili mac, low in fat, free parking

A HEALTHY ADDICTION - Edit

I first encountered Chili Addiction at the Hollywood Farmers Market before they opened their La Cienega restaurant. We were so impressed with their vegan samples we brought home some black bean chili and some amazing raw chili (now only available by request 24 hrs. in advance. So worth it!) Since then I have tried probably 4 of their other vegans chilis, all of them very flavorful and unique. They even have one with garbanzo beans. Very hearty and filling. I stopped by today not knowing what to get and Johnny suggested I try their special vegan burger. He said it is a home-made tempe burger created by friends of his. I ordered it with grilled onions, some of their fabulous home-made grain mustard and ketchup and pickles. Turns out they make their own pickles too! I must tell you that the burger was one of the best I have ever eaten. It was plump and "meaty" and perfectly grilled with a nice barbecued flavor. The bun was whole wheat, but still soft and toasted around the edges. It was served with a pile of baby greens (yum!) and slices of raw onion (which I discarded). The pickles were crunchy and garlicy and went perfectly with the burger. I actually cleaned my plate, which is a rarity for me. The food here is incredible! Johnny and Rick are such lovely people too. It is always a pleasure dealing with them.

Pros: delicious food, nice owners, lots of vegan options

Cons: parking

Tons of vegan options! - Edit

This is a great place for vegans (especially on those occasions you are dining with meat eaters)! They always have a separate vegan menu, with 2 kinds of vegan chili, vegan nachos, vegan chili cheese fries, vegan sausages, vegan hot dogs and burgers. The owners are really friendly and seem very sincere and earnest. They seem to really enjoy making almost everything there from scratch. I've been there 3 times and everything has been great and the prices are very reasonable! I would have given it 5 stars, but Happy Cow won't let me!

Pros: nice owners, great vegan options, fair prices

Unique - Edit

We checked out Chili Addiction one day after brunch at RFD, so we were already full, but that didn't stop us (does it ever?). We tried a vegan sausage with chili and sauerkraut. It was tasty, but we took it home to eat, so it was a bit soggy by then (our fault though). The owner was super friendly and told us everything that was vegan. He let us try samples of the chilis too before choosing which one we wanted. The sauces and mustards are great too. The sauerkraut was really different as it was chunks of pickled cabbage as opposed to shreds, but we really liked it, but then again, we both come from cabbage loving backgrounds. ;-) I really want to go back and try the chili cheese fries! It's basically chili in every version you can imagine.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, super nice people

Cons: serves meat

Return to West Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Addiction Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1462 times since May 2010.