The 5th Dimension

Contact 502-4965-2438

8th Calle, turn right from Panajachel Dock, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala, 07018

A vegetarian place with a smoothie and juice bar, situated on the top of a building on the 2nd floor (you have to look for it). Relaxed atmosphere with view of the lake. Has Wi-Fi. Shows cult movies on Sunday nights. Also is a venue for hosting documentaries (and can order food with notice). Mon-Sat 11:30am-4:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by MichaelKalmanovitch

tasty creative dishes - Edit

Love this restaurant. They have expanded their menu and now serve home cafe's stir frys, curries and chillis among other dishes. The vegan flatbread pizzas are to die for! The setting is a comfy garden with great views. The tandori tempeh is defo my favorite - bursting with flavour.

Pros: delicious home cooked food, beautiful setting, friendly staff

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

I had a (very large) burrito that they filled with the most amazing stuff, including a fake meat that they made themselves, and the accompanying salad was huuuuge! There was also a genuine salsa verde, but less spicy than the original - so less chilli I'm guessing! I just wish I'd found it earlier - I'll be back when I go back to Guatemala! It's just on the main street, past the dock, and just past Hostel Fe!

Pros: Heeeeaps of vegan options, Affordable, Huge portions :)

Amazing little spot - Edit

First thing's first, this is a one-man show and everything is slow-cooked and made by hand. It may be worth it to call ahead to place your order, or to stop in and order and then go walk around and come back when the food is ready. A little patience goes a long way here, but it's worth the effort.

I really think it's fantastic spot and am thrilled to have it as an option. The vegan pot pies are divine, there are great, creative smoothies(!), the spot is comfortable and beautiful with awesome lake views, good music, and the owner is a very nice guy. The house green salsa is superb and the burritos and pizzas are delicious. Lots of vegan options and a sweet cat named Mish.

Go support this place if you're in San Pedro! It's a bit out of the way but not hard to find at all. Remember that it closes pretty early most days (around 4:30), but is open late on Sundays for movie night. Don't miss it.

Pros: great home-style veggie food, nice atmosphere, friendly owner

Cons: somewhat limited selection, not open most evenings

Disappointing - Edit

Two of my measurements for veg restaurants are whether they have good vegan options and whether they have the items on their menu. The Fifth Dimension did not do well.

As soon as we sat down they warned us they were out of avocado. Really? In Guatemala? Then when I asked about the veggie burger, I was told it could not be made vegan. Strike two. Oh, and they were out of ginger beer--strike 2.5. Strike three was having to wait 45 minutes to get our food after we ordered.

To their credit, they have a vegan pizza on the menu--not easy to find in Guatemala. Though it was tasty, the toppings were sparse. It was more like an appetizer than a meal.

My husband had the veggie burger. It came with a nice carrot/beet salad. The burger itself was not only not the best veggie burger in the world (as they claim), it wasn't even the best at Lake Atitlan.

We both left feeling frustrated and still hungry. We might have ordered something else, but we were already late.

The place has potential and with some attention to detail it could be a much better experience.

Pros: One of the few veg resterauants in Guatemala, Good salad, Cute cat in the yard

Cons: Sloooooow, We left hungry and frustrated

Best Veggie Burger in the World - Edit

This bold statement was one of the items on this menu. This is what I had for lunch when I visited (they close at 5pm).
It was very good but since I have not eaten every veggie burger in the world I am unsure whether they are.
It was delicious though and it was missing one of its usual ingredients (Garlic Aioli) which I think would have made it even more so.
If you think you know your way around veggie burgers - try it out and post what you think.

Pros: Good food, Good Price, Very nice atmosphere

Cons: Missing Garlic Aioli the day I was there

Return to San Pedro La Laguna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The 5th Dimension closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1100 times since Jan 2014.