Thatch

+44-1271890349

14 Hobb's Hill, Croyde, Croyde, England, EX33 1LZ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several veg options, and one of the meals on the menu is always vegan. Just let the kitchen know that you are vegan, and they can make something up for you which might not be on the menu. Not much else in this area as of July 2011. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by friendlyspirit

Fairly good - Edit

Update Nov 2017 - they now have a vegan menu but you need to ask for it, they had several nice options, both the veg chili and the butternut squash chili were very good.

Old review -
I stayed with my non vege/vegan family in Croyde and so we went to eat at The Thatch. We had already emailed them to ask about vegan options and they had said that they were happy to amend things. A helpful waiter came out to answer my questions and it turned out the Beetroot and aubergine curry was made vegan with little fuss. It was really nice too, and a good sized portion. They seemed to have a few other options like a mushroom burger (just a big mushroom in a burger).

I'll put this here seeing that it's not on happy cow: I would recommend the Blue Groove in Croyde too, they brought out the allergy booklet quickly and were happy to amend things, I had the 5 Bean Enchilada without the sour cream or cheese and it was really nice, the chilli was very well made. They also seemed to do a curry which might be amendable as well as a mushroom burger like The Thatch.

Not the greatest places for Vegans, but I ate well without too much fuss :) I'll give them 3 stars.

Updated from previous review on 2015-09-22

Pros: Food was good, Nice atmosphere

veggie? - Edit

l dinned there it was ok nothing great and the veggie opption was just ok

Return to Croyde Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thatch closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.