First Review by MicheleSchmalvogl

Absolutely wonderful! - Edit

I wish I could give this 5 Cows! After hearing lots of great feedback, I finally visited for the first time last week. I was so impressed! Elie, the owner, actually waited on us himself, and he is just the sweetest man. He was very kind, conversational, funny, and gave us perfect service. There are so many vegan options! I tried the falafel plate and got the split lentil soup on the side, per his recommendation. The soup--oh my god, that soup--was indeed addictive, as he so aptly put it, and the falafel was perfect. I wasn't a big fan of the seasonings, but I could tell that this is how falafel is supposed to taste.
When I asked him if any desserts could be made vegan, he told me to call ahead next time and he'd specially prepare a vegan baklava for me. :)
I will definitely be a return customer!

Pros: Amazing vegan food, Amazing staff, owner, Adorable establishment

Delicious Lebanese + a thoughtful & friendly staff - Edit

That Lebanese place offers a wide range of Lebanese favorites (the falafel, baba ganouj, and stuffed grape leaves are all wonderful). There are lots of options for vegans, as well as vegetarians, and they are clearly marked on the menu. The prices are affordable and they offer quick and delicious take-out. The two best things about this place are Elie & his staff (who are always delightful) and that my omnivore husband loves their food just as much as I do.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 24, 2015

Very vegan-friendly Lebanese restaurant - Edit

I'm a vegan and I eat here at least once a month. I love this place; any Springfield vegan should get to know it well. They have vegan options on the menu. My favorite: Try the batata hara (spicy potatoes). I also often eat the hummus, baba ganouj (like eggplant hummus), stuffed grape leaves, and falafel (like chickpea hushpuppies). The only downsides: Get a table, the booths are hard and uncomfortable; also the place is very cold in the winter; dress like you're eating outside.

Pros: Veg-friendly staff and menu, Yummy comfort food

Cons: Hard booths, Cold in winter

Excellent Lebanese in Springfield - Edit

This place is on Commercial St. and used to be a food truck. The decor is - whatever - but it's a family-owned, authentic Lebanese restaurant.

Menu has clearly marked vegan options...baba ganoush, falafel wraps, fresh cut fries...very reasonably priced, authentic, delicious, and filling food.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 10, 2014

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Reasonably priced, Family-owned, authentic food

Cons: Not many vegan main dishes.

Return to Springfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has That Lebanese Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 963 times since Mar 2014.