First Review by terrorfearor

Meh... - Edit

I found this place mediocre at best. I would strongly recommend against ordering any soft drinks with your meal as it arrives flat and luke warm if ordered without ice. That was strike one. Second was the limited amount of dishes, seven or eight, due to an event upstairs. We ordered three dishes and were disappointed as they were all mock meat, though from the menu we assumed they were plain veggie dishes. That's probably fine if you're a vegetarian/vegan still longing for meat. Finally the price wasn't great ~20 RM/dish isn't exactly budget in Sarawak.

Oh, and there was no info on whether or not these limited options contained egg/dairy.

Pros: Hours

Cons: Dish contents info, Ambience, Price

tasty, large servings - Edit

not entirely vegan, but dishes containing egg were clearly marked. servings are pretty large, we ordered one noodle dish and one small mock chicken dish and had trouble finishing the food for about rm 26, not bad at all. dishes labeled spicy were pretty tasty.

A dissenting opinion - Edit

Surprised by the glowing reviews, I feel compelled to offer a bit of balance. I visited a few times, because the better places in town are closed on Sunday and/or close early. With each visit, I hoped that previous uninspired meals would be surpassed, but I was always disappointed. Food was always bland and overpriced. In the end, I gave up and decided self-catering on fruits and nuts was a smarter option.

Pros: Business hours

Cons: Bland food, Overpriced

so so, bland cantonese style cuisine - Edit

The dishes I chose were super bland. For people that dont like spice or strong flavour, this might be great.
I ordered the "Thai-style" Tofu- It was battered & fried soft Tofu, served swimming in sweet chili sauce. Sickenly sweet, and not a grain of salt anywhere on it. An insult to Thai cuisine.
I ordered the mixed veg with almonds as well, which was better- it was mostly lotus root, with a sprinkling of mushrooms, almonds and gingko nuts. It was pretty bland as well, but at least it had salt in it.

Pros: The only a-la-carte veg place around, Reasonable prices

Cons: Bland

wow! - Edit

Ordered the broccoli with mushrooms, Thai style tofu (bean curd), mixed veg with almonds, rice and drinks. All tasted fantastic! The options are creative and they have tons of choices. Highly recommended!

Pros: excellent food

grrrrrrreat - Edit

thank food is awesome. the food is delicious and they have constant discounts running so its easy to get cheap food. The staff are really friendly and its nice and clean with lazy suzan tables. traditional chinese and malay adaptations, loads of exotic mock meats.

Return to Kuching Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thank Food Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.