First Review by sarahsvati

Thanh Thao - Edit

We enjoyed this buffet style help yourself. Great variety of fresh veggies. It has 'fake meat', freshly squeezed juices. Was plenty of patrons which shows food is good.

Pros: 100%vegan / clean, good value, wide selection of veggies

a much-needed veg option - Edit

Corner cafe serving vegetarian fare in a buffet style. Arrived for dinner just before 7 pm. We were handed a plate and tongs and told we could select what we wanted off of buffet table. Nothing was labeled but we could guess what it was or what it was a faux version of. The food flavor was just okay and none of it was hot which was disappointing. It was also almost only faux meats and very few veggie dishes to choose from. My fav was the baby eggplant. We traveled with a translator who has been able to get us tofu and greens in some local restaurants in other citites, and those dishes were freshly made, hot, and had better flavor. I was surprised. On the other hand, I was happy to get so much protein in one meal which has been really hard on some days in Vietnam. We were also given a little bowl of veggie soup to go with our meal, just as the other reviewer stated.

Both my partner and I are vegan and this restaurant was listed as vegetarian, so we had our guide ask if anything had egg or dairy in it. I'm not sure the full meaning translated because there seemed to be some rushing to hand us plates while we were asking questions, but we were told that no foods that evening had eggs or dairy. It did not seem like the staff spoke English, so good luck if you're vegan and can't translate your needs to Vietnamese. I suggest writing it out ahead of time and be ready to show it to staff for help.

Pros: lots of faux meat options, lots of seating

Cons: wasn't hot or recently cooked, lacked vegetable choices, didn't seem super fresh

Possibly the best of the bunch - Edit

I tried to sample a bit from the three restaurants listed for Pleiku (also from a fourth that I happened to pass). In all honesty, they seemed about the same.

Same deal: A heaping plate of rice. You point out which dishes you want to try (many of which rely on mock meat), they add those to your rice and give you a small bowl of brothy soup as well. All for around 15,000 D.

Now personally, I don't eat much mock meat, so the reason I preferred this place to the others was because they seemed to have a wider selection of "meat"-less dishes.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the veggie restaurants you'll find in Pleiku.

Pros: Cheap, Filling, Tasty

Cons: Same as every other veg place!

Return to Pleiku Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thanh Thao closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 672 times since Mar 2008.