CLOSED: Thali

( 1 review )

925-201-5461

4555 Hopyard Rd, Pleasanton, California, USA, 94588

Indian vegetarian buffet restaurant. Includes a station where you can order Indian street food. Reported closed April 2018.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out

1 Review

First Review by steveoliverc

You won't leave hungry - Edit

I used to eat at Indian lunch buffets with lots and lots of chicken and lamb dishes, and eating here at Thali was the first time I had tried an Indian vegetarian buffet. So not surprisingly, I was a little underwhelmed when I first walked in and looked at the buffet. BUT then I tried a little of everything, and then made a second pass of my favorites, and everything was really fresh, delicious, and very satisfying. I don't know what the different dishes are called (they were labeled and you can check their menu) but the eggplant dish was especially amazing. There were two soups (one was very spicy), and chai tea. Everything is included in one buffet all-you-can-eat price. They bring hot fresh bread to your table which looked liked whole wheat naan bread (but I don't know exactly what it was).

Another unique (to me) aspect is the cart where you can order a variety of Indian street food dishes.

The staff is super friendly. Definitely a community vibe going on here.

This is the only vegetarian buffet (other than just a salad bar) anywhere near me so I consider Thali a real treasure.

Pros: Vegetarian buffet, Cart serving Indian street food, Lots of seating

Cons: Closed Mondays, Just a smidge over-priced

Return to Pleasanton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Thali closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.