Thali of India

Contact 607-938-1900

28 E Market S, Corning, New York, USA, 14830

Serves meat, vegan options available. The vegetarian menu contains 13 main entrees, all of which can be made vegan upon request. Also offers some vegan appetizers and a vegan vegetable biryani (rice). Lunch buffet contains several vegan items. Confirmed open Aug 2012.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by Mubby

Tasty and authentic - Edit

We ate here after a trip to the Corning Museum of Glass. It was a welcome, flavorful experience after making a pit stop at a greasy pizza joint nearby beforehand (my family members wanted a slice of NY pizza). I had to eat too, so I took them here upon recommendation of Farm Sanctuary. We ordered a yellow lentil dish, a mixed vegetable dish, a cucumber salad and my dad got lentil soup (sorry, I can't remember the official Indian names!). They came with basmati rice. It was delicious! The serving bowls and silverware were really pretty. We were there late afternoon right before the dinner buffet started, so we had the place to ourselves. Seemed like a family business as there were a couple of kids when we first walked in. I realize we were there not at peak hours so this is probably not typical, but the owner or chef was having a meeting with an employee discussing some issues with his job performance at a recent catering event or something. Nothing bad, but we could overhear some of it, so it felt a little awkward. Other than that, service was good and our server (probably the owner's wife) was able to recommend good vegan choices. Had a very authentic Indian atmosphere.

Return to Corning Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thali of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 937 times since Sep 2010.