Thai Village

Contact 028-90249269

50 Dublin Rd, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 7HN

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a separate vegetarian menu which includes starters, soups, salads, and main dishes. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by morethanmushrooms

Not so promising for veg*ns - Edit

We made a few visits to Thai Village, but were never that impressed with their vegetarian options, Appetizers like fried tofu and spring rolls are standard fare, while some of the entrees listed under the vegetarian section actually contain fish sauce, which we learned after enquiring. Service was pleasant, and they were able to omit the fish sauce when we requested it, but we didn't find the resulting dishes particularly noteworthy - noodles were oily and sweet and sour vegetables came with a sauce that tasted store-bought. Overall, the meal was acceptable but not among our Belfast favorites.

Pros: Can tailor dishes to diners' preferences, Vegetarian menu section, Good service

Cons: Fish sauce ordinarily in "veg" dishes, So-so food, Nice decor

Love this restaurant - Edit

What's great about quartering off cities is that it's brought the brilliant Cathedral Quarter to Belfast. What's bad is you tend to forget the amazing places already on your doorstep that are not within such quarters. Thus it is with Thai Village restaurant on the Dublin Road - I simply forgot about it.

I dined here recently for the first time in about 6 years! I loved it back then and I don't know why it's taken me so long to return - I guess Belfast just has so many new restaurants nowadays that I forgot some of the older ones already in existence.

The menu is extensive with a whole vegetarian section. We ordered starters of deep fried bean curd and vegetable tempura with sweet chilli and peanut dipping sauce. Mains were vegetable green Thai curry, jungle curry, mushroom salad and steamed rice. The food and wine (Pinot Grigio) was fabulous, as was the service from the beautifully Thai-dressed waiting staff. Even though we were full we had to sample some dessert and opted for Thai pancakes. We cleared our plates!

I will be returning soon and I picked up the takeaway menu - this restaurant is fantastic.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 15, 2015

Brilliant - Edit

I love this place. The tofu green curry (A Kaeng Kheaw Wan Tao Hoo) and the vegetarian phad Thai are delicious. They serve a lovely Tom Phak Gra Tri starter, vegetables in coconut milk and peanut sauce.

One major benefit of this restaurant is not only how delicious it is, but the fact that half of the menu is vegetarian.

When ordering the pad Thai, The waitress was nice enough to ask if I was Vegan and if I was OK with egg in the dish. I thought it was a nice touch.

I have been back several times and will be back several more.

I would like to give the restaurant 5, but I can't.

Pros: Very Veg friednly, Delicious, Extensive choice

Cons: I wish it opened for lunch

lovely thai ambiance and food - Edit

i was at the door before it was opened i was so hungry. within ten minutes i was seated, watered and tucking into my starter of thai coconut, red curry mushroom soup..delicious. closely followed by the vegetable fried rice, again, lovely. the staff are very attentive and they have a dedicated vegetarian section to the menu which is quite extensive.
overall, very good and recommended. £13 for two courses and a drink.

Pros: food, staff, ambiance

Thai Village - Edit

As Belfast doesn't yet have a totally veggie restaurant, it feels like a treat when you find a restaurant with a separate veggie menu, as is the case with Thai Village. The food was fresh and tasty, and the service was very good. I would eat here again.

I reviewed this restaurant for www.morethanmushrooms.co.uk if you would like to check out my site for more information.

Pros: Excellent Choice & Separate Veggie Menu, Pleasant Service

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1757 times since Jun 2010.