First Review by

Lovely little Asian vegan stall - Edit

When I lived in Darwin I would pop to the markets in Rapid Creek whenever I could to get food from this stall. There are about 5 - 6 items. Most of them mock meats. I loved the satay sticks. Yum food and nowhere else in Darwin can you find some vegan fast food like this.

Pros: great for stall food

Cons: only when Rapid Creek market is on

High Quality Market Food - Edit

If you're sick of the same old deep fried spring rolls, samosas and fried rice you'll definitely be interested in this stuff. It's usually up towards the end of the Rapid Creek markets and is a small stall selling containers of your choice of curries/noodles/satays etc for $10 a pop. The fella who (I assume) makes it all is super friendly and also sells small containers of take-home mock meats, also for $10 each.

I've had take aways from here twice, the first time included a delicious tofu laap, the second time an eggplant and mock meat curry. The satays are amazing and the various mock meats (sausage, prawn etc) are tasty even to a mock meat sceptic like myself.

Its a little pricey for market food but definitely a cut above the rest and well worth a try. I'd also recommend the Indo-Malay Halal Stall outside- plenty of delicious vego options there too.

Pros: tasty as!, great for mock meat lovers, better than average market grub

Cons: tad pricey, limited selection

Return to Darwin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Thai Vegetarian Rapid Creek Market Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 148 times since Nov 2011.