Thai Vegan

210-257-0090

15614 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78248

Vegan Thai food restaurant, opened Nov 2017. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Thai, Take-out, Asian

First Review by manreview

Amazing food and service! - Edit

Finally got to try this place tonight and this fairly-new-to-veganism girl is so happy she did! I ordered steamed dumplings in green curry, the red curry dinner with soy chicken and a Thai ice tea, to go. Everything was perfect, nicely packaged, all the little sauces and oh so tasty. Can't wait to try some of the other offerings; tom yum soup, miso, chicken satay... they have a big menu.

Pros: Excellent food, Big menu, Great service

Great food - Edit

Tried a few things on the menu abd it’s very delicious. Some of the meats are made from scratch. Great service!

amazing!!! - Edit

The food is amazing, the atmosphere is great, and the staff is friendly!!! We will definitely be back!!!

A wondrous place! - Edit

Delicious. YUGE menu. Sweet staff. Exuberant chef. Vegan vegan vegan. And creamy Thai with handmade protein options I have never tried before! Beyond perfect!

Pros: Very vegan, Very pleasant atmosphere, Friendly chef and staff

Cons: Menu is not 100% gluten free, Menu is not 100% organic, Everyone speaks mostly Thai! Ha ha!

All Vegan ... All Delicious ... The place we've been waiting for!! - Edit

Thai Vegan has only been open about 3 wks and word has spread around SATX like wildfire!! And for good reason.

The food here is ALL VEGAN, "Healthy First," mostly organic, mostly gluten-free, and far as we can tell 100% fantastic!! NO MSG!! Authentic and delicious!!

Huge menu where we can choose *anything*!! Do you get that?? ANYTHING! Vegans dining out in TX don't get that option often. It was hard to choose!!

Appetizers, soups, salads, all the traditional Thai dishes we've never tried elsewhere because they're never vegan. We even realized later that we can try the Thai tea that's usually served with dairy milk. Not used to this! AWESOME!!

Started w/green curry since it's a favorite Thai dish of ours. Got an extra plate of steamed veggies to mix in so we could split our strong n tasty green curry veggies w/tofu option - perfect!!! Came with steamed brown rice. YUM!

Veggies are cut and cooked just right! A little tofu w/lots of veggies for a change. LOVE that! Silken (?) tofu, crispy outside, soft and creamy inside - heavenly!

Persnickety vegan chef hubs and I can't stop talking about it!! We mostly eat at home these days. Healthier and better than anything we can get out. Thai Vegan serves the food we would make and eat at home if we knew how. (He's been learning.)

Clean and healthy, beautiful and satisfying, we can't say enough about this wonderful gift that has come to our city just in time for the festive holiday season. Celebrate!

We figure to eat our way through the menu which features several vegan 'meats' we haven't tried yet. Foods that look and taste like animal parts don't really appeal to us. However, I will be trying the potato-based 'shrimp', for sure. (I was never a meat-lover, however seafood... yeah.)

The decor is simple, clean, casual and inviting. Very Feng Shui. We loved the comfortable atmosphere with pretty, instrumental (classical!) Christmas music playing, just loud enough to enjoy.

The owner, Chef Pat, is so very welcoming! Gave him our Happy Cow 5-star Excellent Reviews sticker at the end of this very first meal. Yes, we did. Not something we've ever done before.

Even the water tastes fresh and filtered? Didn't taste like tap water.

Don't miss this gem! Thai Vegan is the restaurant we've been waiting for!!!

Added by hubs: Meat-eaters could probably enjoy eating here, too, and be totally satisfied.

Pros: HUGE menu of choices!! ALL healthy and VEGAN!!, Delicious, authentic Thai dishes, NO MSG!!, Pleasant atmosphere, friendly service, comfy!!

amazing vegan food - Edit

This is a new vegan Thai restaurant with amazing service and yummy food. Don’t leave without getting dessert! Come support this small business!

to die for thai food! - Edit

I've been here twice in the past week because that's how great the food is! I brought my family here the first time to try out this restaurant and I loved it so much that I brought my boyfriend here.

My favorite dishes are the fried dumplings, the wonton soup, the spicy fried rice, and the spicy noodles.

Delicious - Edit

Awesome, lots of options. Will definitely come back again, staff is friendly. It’s great to know that I AM NOT questioning in the back of my mind if the they used fish or oyster sauce in any of the dishes.

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1988 times.