Thai Vegan - Nob Hill

505-200-2290

3804 Central Ave NE (at Carlisle), Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87108

Offers primarily Thai food along with some American food. Dishes such as pad thai, larb, satay, curry, and orange "chicken" with choice of tofu or faux meats; also veg burgers, wraps, salads, and fries. Casual atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Take-out, Asian

First Review by nmveggiegirl

Love it! - Edit

Finding good vegan food while traveling can be challenging. What a delight to find this gem. I liked it so much that I ate here both nights I was in ABQ...fast, friendly service...great prices, many choices, and tasty!

100% Vegan, So Excellent - Edit

What is there not to love about Thai Vegan?

The food here is delicious and the portion sizes are enough for two meals. Thai Vegan is a good value, and service is generally fast and friendly.

The only downside is the difficulty of having so many great things to choose from!

Pros: Fast, friendly service, Great food, Good value

Cons: Can get noisy when it's busy

Great restaurant! - Edit

This is a cozy, great restaurant. If I lived in ABQ I'd eat there a lot. Food was delicious.

Also Albuquerque go vegan❤️ - Edit

Very good food very huge dishes!Prices absolutely ok!Nice presentation service fast.If you are vegan you must eat here❤️❤️❤️

Fantastic! - Edit

My husband and I liked this place so much that we came here for lunch on successive days. Everything was good - I highly recommend the chicken satay as an appetizer; it was awesome.

The lunch specials were perfectly sized for lunch (and came with spring rolls and a salad. The entrée portions were too big for lunch but would have been great if you want to take leftovers home.

Pros: So tastey, Reasonable prices, Fast service

Cons: Some portion sizes are too large

So Many Options! - Edit

I love being about to go to a restaurant and order anything off the menu! I got the veggie and "shrimp" tempura appetizer (which was great!) and the fresh ginger stir fry with "shrimp". It was the lunch combo, so it came with a salad (and yummy dressing) and 2 "egg" rolls. Plenty of food - I was happily full, but not over-stuffed :) I would love to come back to ABQ to eat here again!

Pros: Delicious!!!, Good sized portions, fun area of town

Tasty & Reasonable - Edit

Good lunch menu. Had green curry, with a salad and veggie chicken. $9 a head - filling and pleasant.

Pros: Clean, Friendly, Tasty

Delicious! - Edit

The outside does look a little eh, but once you go inside, it's perfect. The food is amazing whether you're vegetarian, vegan, or not. It's all around good Thai food! I recommend stopping by and trying it. They give great portions too.

Pros: Great Thai food, Friendly staff

Cons: Outside decor

Amazing!! - Edit

My daughter is a brand new vegan so we were so happy to find a vegan restaurant with familiar foods.

Will have to return to ABQ just to eat here!!

Glad We Stopped At Thai Vegan During Our Vacation - Edit

Really delicious food, the veggie dumplings and the chicken satay were really good, actually all the food was good. My boyfriend said Thai Vegan won best Thai restaurant in the city, I don’t know if it’s true but I think it’s true.

Always Excellent Food, Always Friendly Staff - Edit

This is an excellent restaurant, that also happens to be vegan. We have tried several of the entrees and have always been very happy with our order. We've introduced several non-vegans and every one has also enjoyed it. The flavor and consistency of the "meat" can't be beat.

All of the staff members are extremely friendly and helpful.

The only con that I can think of is that sometimes the spice (heat) level is inconsistent.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Sometimes inconsistent spice level

Fantastic and Delicious! - Edit

Beautiful and elegant interior. Excellent food. Awesome staff. Love this place! Everything on the menu is delicious.

Pros: beautiful atmosphere , delicious food, great service

Great Thai food, 100% vegan! - Edit

I was in Albuquerque on business and was told that I needed to try this place. Twist my arm! I went in, sat down, got a menu, and thought I was at Urban Vegan in Chicago. The EXACT same menu. I asked the waitress if there was any connection and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. When I got back to Chicago and was in Urban Vegan, I asked the owner and she told me that Thai Vegan is a family relation. The menus are exactly the same. The food is the same. The locations are different. This location is considerably larger than either of the two Urban Vegan locations in Chicago. This is a larger and more formal restaurant. Very clean and comfortable. The service is warm and friendly and the food is excellent. If you like Thai food, this is your place. I had lunch here and then ended up going to dinner that night with a client that wanted to try vegan food and found out about Thai Vegan through a friend. Apparently, Thai Vegan is very well known in the area. My clients are not vegan, but they loved this food and claim that they have been back twice on their own.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Very good food, Good prices

Great for Everyone - Edit

I LOVE Thai Vegan. Tons of options, reasonable prices, and every non-vegan I know has liked their meals here too. I've always had good service too. I am particular to the Praram's Plate and the curry dumplings. I was not as impressed by their non-Thai options, but they are available if someone in your group really, really hates Thai food.

Pros: ALL VEGAN, Good location, Reasonable prices

Cons: Non-Thai options are very mediocre

Amazing - Edit

While traveling to New Mexico on business for two weeks, I visited Thai Vegan on a regular basis. All of my vegan meals were delicious. The main dishes and desserts were amazing. All vegans should visit this location when in the area.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Healthy

Tummy for vegans & non-vegans! - Edit

Took my non-veg friend to lunch here- she LOVED it!!!

We had spring rolls, edamame, and fried tofu!!!

It would be 100 % perfect IF it was all organic!!! I'll def be back!!! YUM!!!

Pros: yummy food always

Cons: not 100% organic

One of my favorite places - Edit

I live in a small town so I travel to Abq once a week to get my groceries and eat here at least once a month. I order my usual appetizer of steam curry dumplings and entrée of spicy noodles. I'm usually in town shopping without the family and I find this place perfect to sit and read as it's so peaceful, the service is fast and my usual order is always perfect.

Contributions +501

Can't Wait To Go Back! - Edit

We only got to eat here once when visiting Albuquerque but we'll definitely be eating here again the next time we're there. We got the mushroom steak, Praram's plate, grand tempura and chocolate chip banana rolls to go. We didn't get to eat it all until we got back to where we were staying, so it was all cooled off by then but we had no complaints. It was all so delicious! Definitely stop here if you're in Albuquerque. You can't go wrong.

Pros: Great Food, Decent Prices, Fast & Friendly Service

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Vegan - Nob Hill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.