Thai Vegan - Nob Hill

Contact 505-200-2290

3804 Central Ave NE (at Carlisle), Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87108

Offers primarily Thai food along with some American food. Dishes such as pad thai, larb, satay, curry, and orange "chicken" with choice of tofu or faux meats; also veg burgers, wraps, salads, and fries. Casual atmosphere.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Take-out, Asian

First Review by nmveggiegirl

So Many Options! - Edit

I love being about to go to a restaurant and order anything off the menu! I got the veggie and "shrimp" tempura appetizer (which was great!) and the fresh ginger stir fry with "shrimp". It was the lunch combo, so it came with a salad (and yummy dressing) and 2 "egg" rolls. Plenty of food - I was happily full, but not over-stuffed :) I would love to come back to ABQ to eat here again!

Pros: Delicious!!!, Good sized portions, fun area of town

Delicious! - Edit

The outside does look a little eh, but once you go inside, it's perfect. The food is amazing whether you're vegetarian, vegan, or not. It's all around good Thai food! I recommend stopping by and trying it. They give great portions too.

Pros: Great Thai food, Friendly staff

Cons: Outside decor

Glad We Stopped At Thai Vegan During Our Vacation - Edit

Really delicious food, the veggie dumplings and the chicken satay were really good, actually all the food was good. My boyfriend said Thai Vegan won best Thai restaurant in the city, I don’t know if it’s true but I think it’s true.

Always Excellent Food, Always Friendly Staff - Edit

This is an excellent restaurant, that also happens to be vegan. We have tried several of the entrees and have always been very happy with our order. We've introduced several non-vegans and every one has also enjoyed it. The flavor and consistency of the "meat" can't be beat.

All of the staff members are extremely friendly and helpful.

The only con that I can think of is that sometimes the spice (heat) level is inconsistent.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Sometimes inconsistent spice level

Great Thai food, 100% vegan! - Edit

I was in Albuquerque on business and was told that I needed to try this place. Twist my arm! I went in, sat down, got a menu, and thought I was at Urban Vegan in Chicago. The EXACT same menu. I asked the waitress if there was any connection and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. When I got back to Chicago and was in Urban Vegan, I asked the owner and she told me that Thai Vegan is a family relation. The menus are exactly the same. The food is the same. The locations are different. This location is considerably larger than either of the two Urban Vegan locations in Chicago. This is a larger and more formal restaurant. Very clean and comfortable. The service is warm and friendly and the food is excellent. If you like Thai food, this is your place. I had lunch here and then ended up going to dinner that night with a client that wanted to try vegan food and found out about Thai Vegan through a friend. Apparently, Thai Vegan is very well known in the area. My clients are not vegan, but they loved this food and claim that they have been back twice on their own.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Very good food, Good prices

Great for Everyone - Edit

I LOVE Thai Vegan. Tons of options, reasonable prices, and every non-vegan I know has liked their meals here too. I've always had good service too. I am particular to the Praram's Plate and the curry dumplings. I was not as impressed by their non-Thai options, but they are available if someone in your group really, really hates Thai food.

Pros: ALL VEGAN, Good location, Reasonable prices

Cons: Non-Thai options are very mediocre

Amazing - Edit

While traveling to New Mexico on business for two weeks, I visited Thai Vegan on a regular basis. All of my vegan meals were delicious. The main dishes and desserts were amazing. All vegans should visit this location when in the area.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Healthy

Tummy for vegans & non-vegans! - Edit

Took my non-veg friend to lunch here- she LOVED it!!!

We had spring rolls, edamame, and fried tofu!!!

It would be 100 % perfect IF it was all organic!!! I'll def be back!!! YUM!!!

Pros: yummy food always

Cons: not 100% organic

One of my favorite places - Edit

I live in a small town so I travel to Abq once a week to get my groceries and eat here at least once a month. I order my usual appetizer of steam curry dumplings and entrée of spicy noodles. I'm usually in town shopping without the family and I find this place perfect to sit and read as it's so peaceful, the service is fast and my usual order is always perfect.

Can't Wait To Go Back! - Edit

We only got to eat here once when visiting Albuquerque but we'll definitely be eating here again the next time we're there. We got the mushroom steak, Praram's plate, grand tempura and chocolate chip banana rolls to go. We didn't get to eat it all until we got back to where we were staying, so it was all cooled off by then but we had no complaints. It was all so delicious! Definitely stop here if you're in Albuquerque. You can't go wrong.

Pros: Great Food, Decent Prices, Fast & Friendly Service

Healthy, mellow atmosphere, and SCRUMPTIOUS! - Edit

Thai Vegan in Nob Hill is my FAVORITE vegan restaurant here in abq! I like plain steamed rice and veggies or a noodle dish. I love how they don't add salt or oil on the rice/veg sides (they do in the main dishes though). The staff is always extremenly welcoming too! And every time my sister and I go we are very relaxed because of the music and atmosphere. 10/10, would recommend :-), from a fellow health-conscious vegan.

Pros: Delicious food, friendly staff, comfortable

Cons: None!

Genuine Thai with Vegan Twist - Edit

I was surprised how good this establishment was. I assumed it would be ok and to my surprise it was probably the best thai flavors I have ever had, even better than when I was a carnivore. I walked in 20 minutes before closing and ordered two appetizers and two entrees and was walking out the door within 15 minutes. I was a little under the weather and the "seafood" soup had the spicy kick I needed to get right. Freshy rolls were also very good quality. The restaurant itself has a great calm vibration on the inside. Wish I had gone back to dine in.

Pros: All Vegan, Good Vibe, Friendly Service

Another Thai Vegan!!! - Edit

Chef Pat has opened another Thai Vegan because his first restaurant was so successful. Don't miss eating at any of the Thai Vegans!

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Good Portions

Very relaxing atmosphere - Edit

I finally had the opportunity to stop by here for a quick dinner before going to a ballgame. The staff was very nice. The menu was a little overwhelming, so I asked the waitress what she liked - she steered me towards a page I hadn't noticed with dinner combos. It was very good - salad, eggroll, and tasty green curry. The tofu was silky, as expected in a true Asian restaurant. I can't wait to go back with my wife.

Pros: Very relaxing atmosphere, All meals are vegan

Cons: So many choices

Great food - Edit

Great food, very affordable. Very pretty inside, you wouldn't guess it from its modest exterior. I had pumpkin stir-fry; it was extremely tasty. The restaurant has a similar format to other vegan Thai/Asian food restaurants in other cities, but the food here was better than others I've tried.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, nice atmosphere

They made it right and then some - Edit

I went to Thai Vegan again yesterday. They got my order wrong. And this time I went back. I called them and explained about the order. They were very apologetic. But apologetic aint going to make me full. When I get there the chef comes out and apologizes. He made the trip worth it and then some. The dish came out perfect and they treated me right. For this, I will continually go there over and over again. Thanks for giving me a great vegan restaurant, that even my meat eater friends love.

I stopped going to the original Thai vegan because they would never get the order right. I order the same thing every time, and they've got it right about 3 out of 10 times on average. I wanted my dish as it appears on the menu. But I know they put mushrooms, carrots, and celery in it. So I make it clear to not put those in the dish. I want the dish as it appears on the menu. And they still get it wrong. And I would have to order 2 orders so I can at least get filled up. I decided I would give the new location a try. But same thing. Guess there's just no vegan restaurant for me here. But it appears a lot of people here do like it. So its probably just me.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 27, 2013

Pros: Vegan, Location, Staff

Cons: Price, Quanity, Getting Order Right

Thai Vegan excellent in every way - Edit

Thai Vegan is now open in Nob Hill -- hurray! Menu is the same as the original one on Osuna -- same outstanding cuisine. Patreak, owner-chef, is warm and very concerned about feeding people the healthiest possible meals. He accommodates any dietary needs. The new Nob Hill Thai Vegan has a warm, inviting feel to it and is twice as large as the one on Osuna. HIghly recommended for vegans, vegetarians but omnivores also love the food. Extensive menu. Deserts. Large groups can be accommodated. Great value.

Pros: excellent food, warm atmosphere , friendly

So HAPPY that there are two~ - Edit

Thai Vegan Nob Hill offers a beautiful ambiance, delicious cuisine, friendly staff close to shopping and entertainment

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff

Cons: There is not one in every city

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Vegan - Nob Hill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6866 times since Dec 2012.