Thai Time Cafe

417-781-0055

1804 E 32nd St, Joplin, Missouri, USA, 64840

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe. Offers tofu, mock meat and a variety of veggies. Previously name was Piya and under different ownership. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Japanese, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by dbrown

A Unique Thai Place - Edit

An adorable little Thai restaurant. I was able to get my co-workers to go with me partially due to their strong showing on Yelp, it was one of the top restaurants for Joplin. The menu has a lot of tofu dishes and some mock duck dishes, including a lot of things I've never seen on other Thai menus. I ordered Outlaw Tofu mostly for the name.

So I didn't feel like I'd went to just another Thai restaurant because they have some unique dishes, plus mason jars. I definitely felt like I had Thai food in Missouri, and to be clear, I mean that in the best possible way.

Pros: Vegan-aware, Mix of common and unique dishes

Great Veggie Food - Edit

Thai Time Cafe in Joplin, MO. is a very new restaurant. It is on 32nd street next to "Pro Nails." The food is fantastic! There are over 30 items (including appetizers, but not including drinks or desserts) that vegetarians/vegans can get. Some items come with egg and if you instruct they will not add egg to the meal. If a person wants tofu they will do that (steamed tofu/fresh, or fried) or they will add extra veggies (which actually adds to over 50 items vegetarians/vegans can get if switching from tofu to extra veggies). Plus, they have something remarkable and it is the mock duck. I've had mock duck before but not like this.

There are two dishes a person can get the mock duck with, and they will do it either crispy or steamed. I usually do steamed, but I was daring this evening as I did crispy and it was fantastic. Both the steamed and the crispy mock duck is great.

The staff are very supportive of vegetarians and vegans and understand it well. They are from Thailand, but understand and speak English very well. If a person has an allergy to certain foods they will do their best for that person. This is the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant near Joplin as no other restaurant offers as many items as they do. They also have soups for vegetarians/vegans as well believe it or not! Plus, they add no MSG to their food, so it's very healthy! Give it a try! I'd give it 5 stars but since they serve meat this site won't allow me to do 5 stars.

Pros: Friendly, Vegetarian/Vegan

Cons: Cooks meat but very veggie friendly!

Return to Joplin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Time Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.