REMOVED: Thai Terrace

• Veg-friendly

Contact 813-877-8955

2055 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, Florida, USA, 33607

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tiny restaurant attached to a hotel lobby. Offers vegan choices including ones not listed on the website menu, such as soups, fried spring rolls, and entrees. Ask for tofu substitute. Menu states that no chicken broth or fish sauce is used in any of the dishes, and items marked as vegetarian do not use oyster sauce. Ornate interior. Uses original Thai silverware. APR 2016 REPORTED MENU IS NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY, NO LABELS. REMOVED.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by JG

My favorite Thai restaurant in Tampa! - Edit

The parking is limited and the restaurant itself is pretty tiny. However, I've never had trouble finding a parking space or getting a table. The ambiance is great with traditional Thai decor. They are very veg friendly so there's tons of options. My favorite is their spicy curry fried rice with tofu. The food is VERY spicy!! Normally, I like my food medium spicy (think Indian) but here I have to go with a heat level 1 or 2. I almost died when I ordered a 3! Food is made to order so be prepared for slightly above average wait times. We come here for more leisurely dinners so no biggie! Apps come out fast so you can always order a few if you are really hungry. I've also ordered take-out from here without any trouble!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Service, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Limited Parking

Wonderfully fresh - Edit

From the outside I was worried, there are strip clubs all around, it is connected to a motel on one side and an e cigarette store on the other. However, because of the previous reviewer, we pressed on. The decor is very welcoming, authentic and clean.

I ordered and asked that there be no oyster sauce or any other animal product. The waitress immediately asked if I was vegan. She later said she is vegan herself so she knows exactly what to tell the chefs. I asked if the veggies were pre-mixed and she said everything is fresh, even the sauce. They make it all per order, no pre-mixing. The food was fantastic! The service, even better. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros: Fresh food, Wonderful service, Clean

Cons: Location

Very accommodating to vegetarians - Edit

Ordering Thai can sometimes be dicey, with the majority of dishes containing fish sauce, shrimp paste, chicken broth, or oyster sauce. It's always frustrating to see dishes marked as "vegetarian" containing these ingredients. Not only does Thai Terrace not use fish sauce or chicken broth in any of their dishes, they make sure to not use oyster sauce in dishes marked as vegetarian. This tells me that the staff understands the difference and is eager to accommodate.

Of course, it helps that the food is very good, too! The lunch special portions are also fairly large, and the price is right. Made-to-order, high-quality, veg-friendly food and friendly service -- I'll definitely be back.

Pros: Easy to order veg dishes, Good portions, Tasty!

Cons: Not 100% vegetarian

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Thai Terrace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1444 times since Apr 2012.