Thai Pepper

541-482-8058

84 N Main St, Ashland, Oregon, USA, 97520

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai and Indonesian fusion cuisine. Has a vegetarian menu section with some vegan suitable items or ask to substitute tofu in a dish. Reported discount offer on Mondays on the vegetarian dishes. Creekside dining in the summer. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-12:00am, Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Indonesian, Asian Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by mikeybikey

Pleasantly surprised - Edit

After having some difficulty finding an open restaurant on HC later in the evening in Ashland I reluctantly decided to give this place a chance even though the only review for it wasn't very flattering. I was quite happy with the choices available to me and the dish I ordered was good and came out quite fast!. you have to ask for the Vegetarian menu and if I hadn't been on this website I'd have never known about it, but the server brought it over and specifically questioned whether I was Vegan and explained the menu to me, most of the Vegetarian menu can be made Vegan at request and is noted on the menu with a * next to the item.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-19

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Has a Vegan/Vegetarian menu

Cons: Have to request the Vegetarian menu which is separ, Expensive

Contributions +16

Beware of the vegetarian menu! - Edit

I feel that it's my duty to tell you that Thai Pepper seems to think that vegetarian is the same as pescetarian. They have a special "vegetarian" menu, but when you ask your server you will learn that several (if not most) of the things on there have fish sauce, shrimp paste or some other non-veg ingredient. Despite having this conversation every time I eat there, they don't get it. "Oh, you want VEGAN?" they say. There is no excuse for this ignorance, this is Southern Oregon - everyone knows what "vegetarian" means! So to you I say BE WARNED! There are only actually 1 or 2 entrees that can be made "real" vegetarian.

Pros: Nice location/atmosphere, good bar and barfood, umm, that's all I can think of

Cons: not enough "real" vegetarian, Nonveg advertized as veg, NONVEG ADVERTIZED AS VEG!

Return to Ashland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Pepper closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.