Thai Palace

Contact 916-447-5353

3262 J St (at 33rd St), Sacramento, California, USA, 95816

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant, has a separate vegetarian menu section. Try the pad thai.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by nation_m

Thai-Rific in East Sac - Edit

2014 Update:
Taken over by Samantha the Thai sister of the former owner in Sept. 2013, they really cleaned up the kitchen and improved the dishes. Sam's daughter and the the fiance, a real Thai boy handles the cooking. He's great and Sam sources spices direct from Bangkok via her frequent trips to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Pluses on the menu include the Eggplant dishes and Pad Thai that can all be customized to your liking and level of spice. I start with the Fresh Spring Rolls hold the shrimp and have them customize the Veg.Eggplant hold the tofu and add extra greens and mushrooms with Medium spice and brown rice. Add a Thai Beer and Yumm! About $20 and enough for two. Sometimes I do the black rice and Mango dessert. Double Yumm. Enjoy.

P.S. Try this out for fun and see what happens: When you arrive put your hands together prayer style and say SA-WAT-DEE-COP, if your are a guy and SA-WAT-DEE-KA if you're a female. It's a traditional Thai greeting. That little courtesy may return anything from a big smile to a free dessert. Of course YMMV.

Pros: Eggplant dishes customized to your taste, Open Monday night - That's big in Sac, Midtown/EastSac/McKinley walk/bike close

Cons: No $2 foot massage - I miss Thailand

What A Great Find! - Edit

I found this restaurant on a visit to Sacramento and was happily surprised. While we arrived 20 minutes before closing, we were welcomed in and greeted warmly. The food was some of the best Thai I've had anywhere. Service was fast and efficient and the staff was keen enough to make appropriate vegetarian suggestions for alternatives to a dish they were out of. This is definitely on my list of places to eat the next time I'm in Sacramento.

Number One for Sacramento! - Edit

After one visit, the Thai Place Restaurant became one of our favorites for Sacramento. Great food, great service, and competitive prices. I love the spicy tofu curries and my partner loves all the vegan dishes he tried (he is slowly working himself thru the whole menu!). Almost any dish offered by Thai Place is available as vegan and many are wheat free. There is a special lunch menu for super fast service. I start salivating as soon as I hear the words Thai Place!

Pros: Fantastic Food, Helpful Staff, Quick Service

Cons: Parking can be tight, There's not more in the Sacramento Area

Fabulous Thai! - Edit

Love this Thai place! They will make any plate vegan / vegetarian, add tofu, subtract egg, etc. Service is alway great. Pad Thai is the best I have ever had! Pa Nang curry is also a favorite.

Pros: Great food, Good Service, Great prices

Cons: None!

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1071 times since Dec 2010.