Thai Orchid

• Veg-friendly
Contact 940-696-8846

1912 Elmwood N Ave, Wichita Falls, Texas, USA, 76308

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Can accommodate vegetarians and vegans upon request, using tofu and veggie in substitute for meat.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Zoianna

Our go to restaurant in Wichita Falls - Edit

Vegan options are limited in Wichita Falls, especially with having to be gluten free. The staff have been very accommodating and will let us know what has animal products. I usually get the tofu red curry with no fish sauce. My kids like the tofu Pad Thai with no eggs and no fish sauce. I always enjoy eating here.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Excellent food

Cons: Limited vegan options, Not open Saturdays, Sometimes slow service

Not Worth the Trip - Edit

We visited Thai Orchid last weekend, and were excited since this is the closest Thai restaurant to us. I have a lot of experience eating at Thai restaurants: I lived in Washington, DC for 6 years and took advantage of eating out there often.

First of all, the woman at the front desk did not even stand up to greet me, and did not seem happy at all for my business. I ordered take-out, and told the woman that we were vegetarian and therefore didn't want any fish sauce in our food. She seemed knowledgeable about which dishes had fish sauce and which didn't, which I appreciated.

I ordered red curry with tofu, panang curry with tofu, vegetable fried rice, fried wide noodles with egg and tofu, steamed white rice, and spring rolls. The spring rolls were terrible, being over cooked (with black spots), greasy, and not full of much inside. The frozen ones from the grocery store are better! The red and panang curries contained only bamboo shoots, red pepper slices, and serano pepper slices as vegetables. The curries were overly sweet, not spicy, and did not even taste like actual Thai curries. They were in fact revolting, and my children didn't want to eat them either. The steamed rice that went along with them was not even cooked properly and was overly sticky and not fragrant enough to be Jasmine rice (and I assume it must have been some other inferior rice). The wide noodles were just disgusting: greasy, ugly to look at, and nothing more than greasy noodles with bits of egg. Yuck. The fried rice was somewhat palatable, but it tasted more like Chinese fried rice with just soy sauce, some veggies, and lots of grease.

We are never going to this restaurant again. It was so disappointing, but I guess it is hard to expect much from a Thai restaurant in Texoma.

Pros: knowledgeable about fish sauce, only Thai restaurant in Wichita Falls

Cons: disgusting food, unfriendly staff, not real Thai food

great food, great service - Edit

I LOVE this place. If you like Thai and are vegan or vegetarian this is a must go place in town. Everything that is vegetarian/vegan already is clearly labeled and they will replace meat in any dish with tofu or mixed vegetables (and both is only like one dollar more!). The service is great, the owner is very friendly, and they are always willing to tell you what you need to know to make sure what you eat meets your dietary requirements. Also-- it isn't on the menu but sometimes they have the ingredients to make Summer Rolls with fried tofu that are vegan and AMAZINGLY GOOD. I almost always ask and if they can they will take the extra time and effort to make them for me. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Pros: great service, delicious!, great prices

Cons: not entirely vegetarian/vegan

Return to Wichita Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Orchid closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 908 times since Apr 2008.