First Review by Garkat

They have only one Vegan option on their main menu - Edit

Firstly, they got their definition of 'Vegan' and 'Vegetarian' absolutely wrong. They seemed to think vegetarians were ok with both fish sauce and shrimp paste and vegans were good with fish sauce. We had to specify we weren't OK with either. The only thing that we could eat was the yellow curry which was nowhere close to the Thai yellow curry. It was more like coconut stew. The appetizers had a few 'so-called' vegetarian options but then listening to their version of 'vegetarian' I didn't try any.

Big disappointment - Edit

This was a huge disappointment. It took 3 tries to get a clean water glass. The waitress joked about the lack of silverware and didn't bring me a clean fork after the salad. The mixed vegetables and tofu was the plainest dish I have had since becoming vegan.

Pros: One vegan dish. One.

Cons: Service and cleanliness were decidedly lacking.

Reasonable Option - Edit

A reasonable option for a small town like Jackson. The food isn't anything like you would get in a decent Thai restaurant but at least they have a few vegan options. Serving sizes are also not generous and both my girlfriend and I could have eaten two main courses each.

Pros: Vegan Options, Brewery Next Door

Cons: Moderately Tasty, Small Servings

Very good food - Edit

Went there for dinner and I was quickly seated. They have organic tofu that can be included in many Thai dishes. I ordered Pad Thai extra hot and it was very good. Not quite as spicy as I would've liked, but very tasty. Some of their dishes are vegan and/or gluten free. It is moderately priced, my Pad Thai was $14. Waiter was not the most friendly chap, but I have encountered much worse.

Pros: Good vegetarian Thai food, Romantic atmosphere

Cons: Moderately priced, Not the most friendly waitstaff

Return to Jackson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Me Up closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 816 times since Aug 2007.