Thai Lotus

Contact 775-852-5033

6430 S Virginia St SteA (at Neil Rd), Reno, Nevada, USA, 89511

Serves meat, vegan options available. The menu states that each dish can adjust to be vegetarian. For vegans ask to omit eggs and fish sauce in the vegetable Pad Thai. Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:30am-9:00pm

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by antgirl

Contributions +24

If You Like Tofu...... - Edit

The service is great; they offer brown rice, if requested; tofu can be added to entrees. I am a repeat customer.

Takes credit cards.

Pros: Location, Staff, Tofu

Disappointment! - Edit

Sorry guys but this restaurant is not vegan/vegetarian friendly in my opinion. While the server was polite, our options were quite limited & ended up having to send a dish back. All of the curries contain shrimp paste and many stir-fries contain oyster sauce. So, they may omit fish sauce but if you don't ask they won't tell you. The dishes we ended up getting were either too sweet or bland. Nothing like I've had in Thailand or other vegan friendly Thai restaurants in other cities.

Wonderful Thai Food - Edit

I love the pumpkin curry. I'm not a big fan of tofu so they always just add more of the vegetable to their curry sauces. The pumpkin is amazing in season. Make sure they know you are requesting vegan dishes. I always get their brown rice which is red and nutty. Perfect body for the rich curries. Of course sticky rice with mango every time.

Yummy Thai - Edit

Located kitty-corner to Reno's Whole foods on S. Virginia and Neil, Thai Lotus is an unassuming little restaurant with some very, very good food and excellent service. My non-vegetarian husband had a salad with shrimp, which he really liked, and I had an excellent green curry with tofu. I just asked for tofu and specified "no fish sauce" and the waitress immediately knew I was Veg*n. The curry came out, creamy and delightful with fresh vegetable and fragrant Jasmine rice.

Just about every dish can be made vegetarian, gluten free, or both.

Pros: Knowledgable about vegetarianism, Fresh food, Great service

Cons: Beer selection is kind of small

Delicious Thai and Vegan Friendly - Edit

The staff at Thai Lotus was very helpful suggesting delicious vegan options from the menu. We had a very large group of which half were vegan/veggie and our wait staff was outstanding at suggesting soups, appetizers, and entrees for both groups. Everything was great! If you are in Reno this is the place to eat!

Pros: Vegan friendly, Delicious Thai, Very friendly staff

Return to Reno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Lotus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1078 times since Apr 2011.